In the name of Allāh,
the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Peace and Blessings of Allāh on Mohammad.
Allāh–the Glorious and the High,
Lord of the worlds
Mohammad–who brought the world
to our feet and eternity to our arms.
Muslims are not to be overwhelmed by WikiIslam’s material. Like other critics of Islam1 –such as Ali Sina, Ibn Warraq; Nonie Darwish, Wafa Sultan; Irshad Manji, Sam Harris, Father Zakaria Botros– WikiIslam is VAST on text and VOID of substance. WikiIslam has used verses of the Qur’an without knowing (or caring to know) the background to which verses were revealed. (Muhammad Ali has explained words.and given a background to verses of the Qur’an; his translation can be viewed/obtained at www.muslim.org).
THE QUR’AN is not a story-book. It does “not relate stories for the sake of giving information of the past, but for the lessons which they afford for the future guidance of man.” Neither is the Qur’an “a book of laws, but essentially a book meant for the spiritual and moral advancement of man, and therefore the power, greatness, grandeur and glory of God is its chief theme, the principles of social laws enunciated therein being also meant to promote the moral and spiritual advancement of man”–(Muhammad Ali, comm. p.vi). While the Qur’an came to perfect religion and complete Allāh God’s favor to man, it also recounts the message given to prophets previous to Prophet Mohammad, and answers questions. This is why it is not uncommon to have revelations regarding certain incidents, namely, when the Prophet prayed for his deceased enemy and Hazrat ‘Umar objected Allāh sent revelation regarding the matter; there are also other incidents and even with the Prophet’s personal life.
HADITH. The Qur’an was revelaed over a period of about twenty-three years. Thus, in understanding Hadith one needs to know the time frame in which it was given –if it was before or after Qur’anic revelation on the topic. Also, even during the lifetime of the Prophet sayings/hadith were forged in his name. Whatever contradicts the Qur’an is to be discarded: the Qur’an supersedes all other sources of guidance. (For details see ANSWERING WIKIISLAM-1).
QUESTIONS TO ASK MUSLIMS
This page is divided into six sections; questions that WikiIslam has put forward (1) for Muslims (2) for Sunnis (3) for Shi’ites (4) for Ahmadis (5) for Qur’anists and (6) for Bahais.
Whereas the cardinal doctrines of Islam –Unity of Allāh God, Prayer, Zakaat/Charity, Fasting and Hajj– are clearly expressed in the Qur’an and are conducive to reason. WikiIslam has no questions for Hindus whose cardinal doctrines –Karma & Reincarnation– are obscure and are not conducive to reason. Also, WikiIslam has no questions for Christians whose cardinal doctrines –Trinity, inherited sin and vicarious atonement– have no Divine foundation, no prophetic foundation, no logical foundation and are repugnant to reason (and God calls them to reason–Isaiah 1:18).
As shown on this site there is no religion superior to, or equal with, Islam; and no system more equitable and just than Shari’ah.
Whereas WikiIslam made 186 demands from Muslims we have only three demands from WikiIslam–:
(1) prove that Allāh God does not exist (we have already proven that Allāh exists on this site)
(2) prove a religion superior to, or equal with, Islam
(3) prove a system more equitable and just than Shari’ah. Prove these and we will follow whatever you follow; and as you cannot prove these you are to follow Islam.
Muslims who apostatized from Islam have the grand opportunity while you are alive to repent and return to Allāh; when you die –and no one knows when he/she will die– there is no second chance.
1. Questions for Muslims (161)
2. Questions for Sunnis (4)
3. Questions for Shi’ites (2)
4. Questions for Ahmadis (3)
5. Questions for Qur’anists (16)
6. Questions for Bahais (20)
QUESTIONS FOR MUSLIMS
(We have enterd WikiIslam’s material with its links as copied from his site. For ease of identification we have colored WikiIslam’s text brown).
ANSWER: The Qur’an does NOT say that alcohol is an “abomination” and “Satan;s handiwork.” Allāh says that alcohol has benefit and harm, and that the harm outweighs the benefit, and that drinking alcohol and gambling and sacrificing to idols are Satan’s handiwork:: “They ask thee (Mohammad) about intoxicants and games of chance (gambling). Say: In both of them is a great sin and(some) advantage for men, and their sin is greater than their advantage”–Qur’an 2:219); “O you who believe, intoxicants and games of chance and (sacrificing to) stones set up (i.e. sacrificing to idols) and (dividing by) arrows are only an uncleanness, the devil’s work; so shun it that you may succeed. The devil desires only to create enmity and hatred among you by means of intoxicants and games of chance, and to keep you back from the remembrance of Allāh and from prayer. Will you then keep back?”–(Qur’an 5:90-91).
That alcohol is found in heaven. What makes you think the “wine” in heaven is the same intoxicting “wine” on earth? Don’t we have “alcohol free” wine and beer and champagne on earth? The names of things in heaven and on earth are the same in NAME only:; the description of the Muslim Paradise is figurative: “No soul knows what refreshment of the eyes is hidden for them: a reward for what they did”–(Qur;an 32:17). And Prophet Mohammad explains: “Allah said, ‘I have prepared for My pious worshippers such things as no eye has ever seen, no ear has ever heard of, and nobody has ever thought of. All that is reserved, besides which, all that you have seen, is nothing’”–(Bokhari Vol. 6, #303). (For more dangers of alcohol especially to women and young girls see Alcohol & Gambling).
ANSWER: Because it is not the last drink that can lead to abuse/addiction it is the first drink that does, which leads to another and……(As noted above, Allāh informs us that the harm from alcohol outweighs its benefit).
3. The Qur’an encourages people to drink milk and tells us it is something being served in the Muslim Paradise, but if you claim the potential health risk of alcohol was enough to cause its prohibition, why not also ban the drinking of milk which is potentially more harmful due to most of the world’s population, past and present, not being biologically designed to digest milk?
ANSWER: “Potentially” more harmful, mind you. (If humans are not “biologically designed to digest milk,” then they should also avoid all milk prodcuts such as cheeze, ice-cream, etc;). The main contention (as noted on the Interent) against milk is that the calcium is not absorbed but passes out the urine and leaves one susceptible to osteoporosis. But what about the other nutrients that milk contain?
It is not unusuall to have one study saying one thing now and later refuting its own findings. Notably, these statements against milk are invariably pregnant with uncertainties like “maybe,” “perhaps,”: “possible link,. “evidence suggests,” “likely to,” “can have.” One page even goes so far to say that there may be a “possible link” between “excessive consumption of cow’s milk and juvenile delilnqueny;” that the “juvenile offenders ate less fruit, nuts and vegetables.” (???)
One reason against milk is that some people have lactose intolerance. So? Some people have peanut intolerance –fatal– as well as reactions to other foods. One cannot help but wonder who funds these “henny-penny” “cock-a-doodle-do” anti-milk reports. Some of which promote vegetarianism. (For a comment on vegetarianism see Vegetarianism; Krishna-Int’l Society for Krishna Consciousness).
Mammals provide milk for their young. A child is to be nursed by his/her mother for 24-30 months–(Qur’an 2:233; 46:15). Allāh says: “And surely there is a lesson for you in the cattle: We give you to drink of what is in their bellies — from betwixt the faeces and the blood — pure milk, agreeable to the drinkers”–Qur’an 16:66). Milk is said to contain vitamin B12, iodine, vitamin B2, vitamin D, phosphorous, pantothenic acid, calcium, selenium, protein, biotin, vitamin A. Barring exceptions where humans may have certain ailments, if cows are healthy and raised on wholesome diet their milk should not be harmful, “potentially” or otherwise, to humans. Allah would not have man consume products harmful to him.
That there is milk in Paradise; as already noted the things on earth and in Paradise are the same in name only (see item #1).
4. If life is a test, isn’t banning alcohol in Muslim countries the same as interfering in Allah’s affairs?
ANSWER: Allāh reveals to us those things which take us into Paradise. One of these things is the eschewing of alcohol. Thus the “banning” of alcohol is a “test”(and in avoiding alcohol Muslims have passed this “test”). “Banning” is not “interfering;” “banning” is part of the “test”
5. Muhammad claimed Zamzam (Islamic holy water) is miraculous and it could heal any disease. So why does it contain arsenic levels three times the legal limit, high levels of nitrate, and other potentially harmful bacteria? Does Allah want to poison his followers?
ANSWER: (Were there mercury and pcb in our lakes and rivers a century ago?) Did Zamzam water contain “arsenic,” “nitrate” and “potentially harmful bacteria” when Mohammad uttered his saying thirteen hundred years ago? For thirteen hindred years hundreds of millions (ff not billions) of Muslims (including myself) have drunk Zamzam water (and some Muslims even ditch their personal belongings to load up on Zamzam water to take home), do you have statistics to show that Muslims died or suffered from these contaminants in Zamzam water?
6. The Qur’an says Allah cannot have a son without a consort, yet claims Mary had a son without a consort. Is this not limiting Allah’s omnipotence, and why is Mary capable of doing something Allah cannot?
ANSWER: Allah did NOT say that Mary had a son without a consort (see Jesus-birth miracle or mechanix?). Allah, the Creator created Adam and Eve without parents, why then could He not give Mary a son without a mate? It is preposterous to argue that Mary having a son without a mate makes her more powerful than Allah Who not only created her but gave her the son.
7. Is Allah the god of the Old Testament?
ANSWER: Allāh is the God of all Divinely revealed Scriptures. However, not all that are in the Old Testament is Divine Revelation (see Bible corrupt & obsolete).
8. 1 of Allah’s 99 names translates as the Deceiver. Why would you believe in any such deity?
ANSWER: One of Allah’s names is NOT “Deceiver.” Allah Who is solicitous for the benefit of man could not be “Deceiver.” Regarding “Al Muthil” (al-Mudzill) Muhammad Ali notes:
“A great misconception regarding the teachings of the Qur’an is that it ascribes to God the attribute of leading astray. Nothing could be farther from the truth. While al-Hadi or the One Who guides, is one of the ninety-nine names of Allah, as accepted by all Muslims, al-Mudzill, or the One Who leads astray, has never been recognized as such. If leading astray were an attribute of God, as guiding certainly is, the name al-Mudzill should have been included in the list of His names, as al-Hadi is. But the Qur’an, which repeatedly says that God’s are all the excellent names, could not ascribe to Him what it has plainly ascribed to the Devil, viz., the leading astray of men.…It is impossible that God, Who is so solicitous for the guidance of man, should Himself lead him astray. Guiding and leading astray are two contradictions which could not be gathered together in one being.” “The mistaken idea that God leads people astray arises out of a misconception of the meaning of the word idzlal when it is ascribed to God.” (The Religion of Islam, pp. 323, 324, 325).
9. Why does almost every description of Allah also equal non-existence? (i.e. incorporeal, immaterial, ineffable, unfathomable, incomprehensible, etc.).
ANSWER: The descriptions “incorporeal, immaterial, ineffable, unfathomable, incomprehensible” does not mean non-existence; only that it is beyond our concept or senses. Allah is beyond anything we can describe–(Qur’an 112:4). Allah has proven His existence through the Qur’an (see Qur’an-science; Qur’an-prophecies).
10. If no one has seen Allah, its sex cannot be determined. Why do you still address it as a male?
ANSWER: Allāh refers to Himself as “He.” No one has seen the Devil, how is it his sex is referred to as “he?”
11. Why would Allah have to bribe his followers by promising them loot?
ANSWER: Certain government promise people free education to entice them to join the military, is this a “bribe”? Governments pay their soldiers a monthly salary to fight, is this a “bribe”? Allāh offers His soldiers the spoils of war, how is this a “bribe”? Notably, Biblical soldiers had “loot”:
“Then the Lord spake unto Moses, saying…And they warred against the Midianites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they SLEW ALL THE MALES….And they brought the CAPTIVES and the prey and the spoil to Moses, and Eleazar…And Moses said unto them…Now therefore KILL EVERY MALE among the LITTLE ONES (of the captives), and KILL EVERY WOMAN who hath known man by lying with him, but ALL THE WOMEN CHILDREN, that have not known a man by lying with him (virgin girls) KEEP ALIVE FOR YOURSELVES…. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Take the sum of the PREY (BOOTY) that was taken, both of MAN and of beast, thou and Eleazar…And divide the PREY (BOOTY) into two parts; between them that took the war upon them, who went out to battle, and between all the congregation And LEVY A TRIBUTE UNTO THE LORD …And the BOOTY, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught was 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, and 61,000 asses, and of WOMEN that had not known man by lying with him (virgin girls), were 32,000. And the half, which was the portion of them that went out to war, was 337,500 sheep; 36,000 cattle, 30,500 asses, and 16,000 persons (virgin girls). And of the congregation’s half portion of these 16,000 virgin girls, 320 were given to the Levite priests, as “the Lord commanded Moses.” And the LORD’S TRIBUTE (of the (booty) was 675 sheep; 72 cattle; 61 donkeys; and 32 persons (virgin girls)…the men of war had taken SPOIL (BOOTY), EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.””– (Numbers 31:1-53).
Even America had “loot” After the World War II defeat of Germany, the U.S. (as noted on the Internet) collected “military and scientific booty;” scooping up some 1600 German scientists and their families (and doctors and engineers).
12. Would you trust a political party which does not allow ex-members to speak out? If not, why would you trust Islam, and why should anyone convert to a religion which kills apostates and does not allow criticism?
ANSWER: You are confusing Islam with Muslims; Islam does not stifle criticism; Islam does not seek to silence voices, Islam, the religion of wisdom, reason, argument and examples seeks to enhance mentality–(Qur’an 16:125) (See Islam & democracy). Allāh does not require that apostates be killed (see Islam-apostasy). Death for apostasy (and adultery, fornication and blasphemy) is the Jewish and Christian law. In fact Judaism and Christianity also requires death for kidnapping: “If a man be found stealing any of his brethren of the Children of Israel, and maketh merchandise of him, or selleth him; then that thief shall die”–(Deuteronomy 24:7).
ANSWER: As shown there is no death for apostasy in Islam. People who leave Islam do not know Islam; and they know even less about that which they embrace.
Whereas the cardinal dcotrines of Islam –Unity of Allah God, Prayer, Zakaat/Charity, Fasting and Hajj– are clearly expressed in the Qur’an and observed by Pophet Mohammad, the cardinal doctrines of Christianity –Trinity, inherited sin and vicarious atonement– are not clearly expressed in the Bible or taught by Jesus, these doctrines, as shown on this site, are lies, falsehood and blasphemy; they are assumed and propagated as Divine truths; they are not conducive to reason either (see the topics on Christianity and on Jesus). And karma and reincarnation are not clearly expressed in the Veda; no one seems to know the origin of these doctrines; they are not conducive to reason either.
To leave Islam or follow a religion other than Islam is like giving up the best of an article for an inferior one.
ANSWER: As already show there is no death for apostasy in Islam. As for “treason,” In almost all (or almot all) major countries people have been executed for treason. In the U.S. alone at least five people were executed for treason –Moses Dunbar (1777); Herbert Hans Haupt and five of his comrades were executed in the electric chair as spies in 1942; Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were executed in 1953 for espionage; and William Bruce Mumford was hanged in 1862 just for “tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.” (See Internet).
15. Classic Arabic is missing vowels and dots. If the Qur’an is the “words of God” only in its original language, why didn’t Allah reveal it in a language that was fully developed?
ANSWER: Vowel-less and dots-less Arabic IS the “fully developed” language. Prophet Mohammad came to the Arabs who was the only people who had not yet received a Divine messenger; and to unite all mankind under one Divine Law –the Qur’an/Shariah; and there is no system on earth that is more equitable and just then Shariah. Vowels and dots were inserted for the benefit of non-Arabic speaking people (see Qur’an, section points and vowels).
16. There are only 150 million native Arabic speakers in the world today. Why did Allah not reveal the Qur’an in a language more widely spoken on earth such as English (350 million), Mandarin (800 million), Spanish (358 million), Hindi (200 million) or Russian (160 million)?
ANSWER: (See item #15). Why did God (and Jesus, as you want Muslims to follow Jesus as God and Son of God) not reveal the Torah to these 350 million English or 800 million Mandarin etc; instead of a handful of Jews?
17. Why is Arabic only difficult to understand or translate when a non-Muslim criticizes the Qur’an? And why do Muslims claim critics mis-translate words when it is often their own scholars and their most authoritative Arabic to English dictionaries that confirm otherwise?
ANSWER: (No man is infallible). Any person, non-Mulim or Muslim, versed in Arabic can “criticize” the Qur’an; being non-Muslim does not mean one cannot be versed in Arabic. However, as shown there is nothing in the Qur’an that can be criticized. Please list your criticism (see Answering WikiIslam-1 for a refutation of WikiIslam’s charge against the Qur’an and Prophet Mohammad). (For Muhammad Ali’s translation of the Qur’an see www.muslim.org. MA has explained Arabic words/terms and has given a background to verses; and his preliminary notes and comments are priceless).
18. There are many Arabic dialects such as Egyptian, Gulf, Eastern Arabic, Maghrebi and dozens of others. Which one did Allah want us to use to interpret the Qur’an?
ANSWER: Obviously, the one spoken by Prophet Mohammad –Quraish. Regarding the different modes of recitation of the Qur’an. Muhammad Ali notes in his The Religion of Islam: “The Qur’an was revealed in the dialect of the Quraish, the literary language of Arabia. But when, towards the close of the Prophet’s life, people from different Arabian tribes accepted Islam in large numbers, it was found that they could not pronounce certain words in the idiom of the Quraish, being habituated from childhood to their own idiom, and it was then that the Prophet allowed them to pronounce a word according to their own peculiar idiom. This permission was given only to facilitate the recitation of the Qur’an. (MA notes some examples of these variations –“Hatta (meaning until) was pronounced ‘atta by the Hudhail; ta’lamun (meaning you know) was pronounced ti’la-mun by the Asad; the Tamim read hamzah one of the letters, whereas the Quraish did not”–(pp. 34-35. The Religion Of Islam can be obtained at www.muslim.org)
19. Muslims believe that our body parts will testify our sins in the hereafter. Is that true for donated body parts as well?
ANSWER: Today man has machine speaking to us; consider how much more sophisticated and advanced the system of Allah God, the Creator, is. The Bible which you wants Muslims to follow says even a “stone” will give evidence–(Joshua 24:27; Genesis 31:48).Regarding “donated body parts” giving evidence. When you donate money are you responsible for how the beneficiary utilizes it?
20. If circumcision is a command from Allah, shouldn’t it be mentioned in the Qur’an? And why did Allah not create us circumcised if he wants us that way?
ANSWER: Allah instructs us to follow the religion of Abraham –and the religion of Abraham and all prophets is Islam – which requires circumcision. As to why Allah did not create us “circumcised” you can ask Allāh when you meet Him.
21. Why does Allah forbid silk for men? Why does he care what clothing material you have on?
ANSWER: Such clothing (and gold) may have been forbidden to men perhaps because they may seduce us into the pursuit of worldly luxuries to the detriment of our soul. (Islam teaches us to purify the body and beautify the soul).
22. Why does Allah care what type of clothes you wear when going on Hajj? (namely the ihram).
ANSWER: Among religions, Islam is the greatest leveler of ranks. It compels the proud and the stiff-kneed to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the poor and to bend knees with him. This garment of the Hajj not only render the prince indistinguishable from the peasant but also reminds us of the simplicity in which we are buried and will rise and will stand before Allah in the Hereafter.
Allah cares what we wear and how we speak and how we conduct ourselves because He desires for us to have a life in Paradise. Do good/decent/caring parents not strive to raise their children with decorum and conservative dress?
23. Why do some Muslims ridicule the Old Testament rendition of Eve’s creation, when the Qu’ran also tells us that she was made from Adam, and Sahih hadith tell us it was specifically from Adam’s rib?
ANSWER: The hadith says woman is LIKE a curved bone NOT that she was made from a rib or from Adam’s rib. Allah says Eve was made from the same substance as Adam–(Qur’an 4:1; 7:189; 39:6)..
24. Isn’t making all women menstruate, suffer pregnancy and become stupid as a punishment for Eve’s transgressions in the garden (a view which is confirmed by the Qur’an and sahih hadith) a little sexist? What about Adam? He ate the fruit too.
ANSWER: (Both, Adam and Eve, were forgiven for this sin–(Qur’an 2:36-37; 20:120-122). Allāh does not say that women “menstruate, suffer pregnancy and become stupid as a punishment for Eve’s transgressions in the garden”. But if women did not suffer “pregnancy” you would not be here. Women menstruate because in the reproduction process the “egg” that is not fertilized loses it’s potency (much like sperm dying after about twenty-four hours) and needs to be removed from the body; blood is the medium that takes the unfertilized egg out of the body. (You can ask Allah why the woman needs 5-7 days for this process). Regarding women being stupid, see Islam-women).
25. Why does Allah mostly target Muslim majority countries in major earthquakes? If this is a test of faith, doesn’t the indiscriminate killing of innocent women and children make him unworthy of worship?
ANSWER: Allah does NOT target any country. Certain areas of the earth are subjected to one or more calamities. (I’ve yet to hear of earthquakes and flooding in Muslim-majority Iraq, Syria, Arabia, Jordan, among others).
26. While non-Muslims provide most of the aid after a natural disaster, Allah does nothing. Does he abandon his people on purpose and wish to humiliate them?
ANSWER: When disaster strikes a country (say the US for example) does the President personally give aid or does he seek others and appropriate organizations to do so? One of our “test” is to render aid to the poor and needy etc; and those suffeirng calamities. .
27. Why doesn’t Allah prevent Mosques from being desecrated during earthquakes in Muslim countries?
ANSWER: If you go live on top of a volcano and when it erupts and throws you into the lava will you blame your father as desecrating your house?
ANSWER: Who was it that treacherously divvied up post-Ottoman Middle-East?
-Who was it that stole Muslim’s Palestine and give it to Jews and for more than six decades are helping Jews to crucify Muslims left right and centre?
-Who was it that invaded Muslims’ countries –Iraq and Libya– and topple their leaders sending miilions into refugeehood and suffering?
-Who was it that overthrew Iran’s government? Who was it that made war on Egypt to control EGYPT’S Suez Canal?
-Who was it that “pressured” Sudan to divide?
These “non-Muslims” are to not only give “aid” to Muslims but are to compensate Muslims for the loss and suffering they inflicted (and continues to inflict) on Muslims.
Rather than trying to berate Muslims and make them feel ashamed WikiIslam is to vociferate against these “parasitic” governments for their wretched foreign policies against Muslims.
That Allah says to not take non-Muslims as friends see Qur’an-evil verses item #’s 6, 7, 15, 19.
29. Kashmir is divided between India, Pakistan, and China. Why did Allah destroy the Pakistan-controlled part of Kashmir rather than the Hindu and Buddhist majority regions in the 2005 earthquake?
ANSWER: Why did San Francisco suffer massive earthquake in 1902 (and is expected to again) while other nearby regions did not? (See item 25).
30. Fatimah was born 5 years after Hijra. Muhammad married Khadijah when he was 25 and she was 40. Muhammad claimed prophet hood when he was 40, therefore Khadijah would have been 60 when she gave birth to Fatimah. Isn’t this a miracle?
ANSWER: What is your point? Abraham fathered Ishamel when he was 86 and fathered Isaac when he was 100. Zacharia and his wife, Elizabeth, fathered/mothered John the Baptist even though they were old and decrepit. The Internet notes several over-sixty women who gave birth; and even to quadruplets.
31. Little children may believe in Cinderella talking to birds and mice and stuff. What makes you smarter than a child if you believe that Suleiman, as the Qur’an says, was talking to ants?
ANSWER: The Bible which you want Muslims to follow as “all” word of God says Balaam’s ass spoke to Balaam–(Numbers 22:27-30). Suleiman did not speak to literal ants; they were called ants-people because of their habitat; see Muhammad Ali’s comm. on this verse. MA’s translation of the Qur’an can be obtained/viewed at www.muslim.org.
32. The Qur’an says the Earth is like a rug. No one has ever seen a spherical rug. Why did Allah not use the word “Kurah” (Arabic for spherical) before the word “Earth” like all Arabic texts do today?
ANSWER: A rug has no shape, spherical or otherwise; but it can be placed over a sphere or certain other shapes/contours. Reason would dictate that the earth being like a “rug” can only mean that it is attractive and comfortable. (Even rocky terrains are attractive and comfortable; ask the outdoors person/hiker etc;). (For more on flat earth see Answering WikiIslam-1).
33. Why is it that every year Muslims on opposite sides of Earth can’t agree when Ramadan starts? Did Allah use outdated astronomical calculations because he thought the Earth was flat?
ANSWER: Allah did not say that the earth is flat but shows that it is spherical. (See Answering WikiIslam-1 item #1).
Muslims starting Ramadan at different times do not diminish Islam’s superiority over all religions. Some Muslims prefer to begin Ramadan with the actual sighting of the moon as taught by the Prophet Mohammad and some prefer to use astronomical calculations as per the Qur’anic teaching that the moon is for reckoning time–(Qur’an 2:189; 6:97; 10:5).
In contrast, the Christians you want Muslims to become do not know whetehr Jesus is God or only Son of God; whether Trinity is Divine or “Satanic;” whether Jesus died for inherited sin or for committed sin; whether Jesus was real or phantom –whereas some Christians believe Jesus was killed, buried, and raised, “some of the early Christian sects did not believe that Christ was killed on the cross. The Basilidans believed that some one else was substituted for him. The Docetae held that Christ never had a real physical or natural body, but only an apparent or phantom body, and that his Crucifixion was only apparent, not real. The Marcionite Gospel (about A.D. 138) denied that Jesus was born, and merely said that he appeared in human form.”2 (See Christianity-a fake).
Only the peripheral Muslims and the unthinking will embrace the useless and unGodly crucifix.
34. Why do Muslims pray to the East (or West) when the shortest distance to Mecca is through the Earth (if you want to go through the earth) or through the poles (if you want to travel along the surface)?
ANSWER: Muslims do NOT pray to the “East (or West).” We pray to Allah, facing the Ka’bah in Makkah. Our prayer is not regulated on distance. (That Muslims do not face the Ka’bah see Answering WikiIslam-1 item #16).
35. A Muslim must pray facing Mecca, and to pray with their back to Mecca would be sacrilegious. From a flat-earth viewpoint, this makes sense. But the earth is spherical, so if you pray facing Mecca, you also have your back to Mecca at the same time (and vice-versa). How do you explain this?
ANSWER: That Muslims pray with their backs to the Ka’bah see Answering WikiIslam-1 item #16.
36. After death, non-Muslims will be tortured by a bald snake. Is it the same snake from the Egyptian myths (Apep)?
ANSWER: The Prophet is reported as speaking of punishment in the grave–(Bokhari Vol. 2, #’s 422, 454, 456, 460, 461; Vol. 8, #’s 376-381; 522). But there is no such teaching in the Qur’an (though Qur’an 40:46 seems to teach that the soul is shown daily its ultimate destination –Hell or Paradise– and this seems to be reflected in the saying of the Prophet: “When anyone of you dies, his destination is displayed before him in the forenoon and in the afternoon, either in the (Hell) Fire or in Paradise, and it is said to him, ‘That is your place till you are resurrected and sent to it”–Bokhari Vol. 8, #522).
Grave in Islam does not mean the hole in the ground. Yusuf Ali notes that “the Grave” may be understood to be the period between physical death and immortal Life, whatever may be the mode of disposal of the dead body. This intermediate period is the Barzakh.” Muhammad Ali says, “Barzakh is the intermediate state in which the soul lives after death till the Resurrection.”
Regarding the belief that the dead is questioned. According to the Qur’an it seems that man is subjected to two lifes and two deaths–(Qur’an 2:28; 40:11). If the state before our coming into existence is one death and our physical death is our second death, and this life is our first life and the resurrection is our second life, then the belief that the dead, whether it be the soul in barzakh or the corpse in the ground (which would exempt those who are cremated, devoured, etc;) is brought to life, it would seem to be at variance with the teaching of the Qur’an that there are two lifes and two deaths, because this questioning in the grave would entail another life and another death, giving us a third life and a third death.
Even if it be taken that the departure from this life is our first death (as opposed to our non-existence before this life), and this life is our first life and the resurrection is our second life, then this would give us ‘one’ death and ‘two’ lifes; which would be in contradiction of the Qur’an that we have two lifes and two death’s (not to mention the additional life and death in the grave which would then make it “three” lifes and “two” deaths). Either way, the belief that the dead is punished in the grave seems to be at variance with the teaching of the Qur’an.
Allah says that Pharaoh and his host are brought daily before the Fire–(Qur’an 40:46); Allah also tells us that Pharaoh’s body was saved from decay–(Qur’an 10:90-92, which body was discovered mummified); which means Pharaoh could not have been punished in the grave, since he was not put into a hole in the ground. This seems to show that punishment in the grave does not mean that the dead becomes alive again in the grave (hole in the ground), but seemingly, that this reference to grave and punishment in the grave are to barzakh, the grave of the souls, and torment of the sinning soul (seeing its eventual abode, Hell).
ANSWER: (You left out the atheists –Russia and China). Jews and Christians (and atheists) have/are throwing Muslims into “hell” on earth –carved up the Middle-East to suit their treacherous designs; ravaged Palestine, Iraq, Libya; Bosnia; and the atheists have savaged Afghanistan, Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia, and “Uighuristan” (Xinjiang province). Why then is it not “fair” that Muslims be allowed to “throw (those) Jews and Christians (and atheists) into hell” for butchering them to “parasite” their lands and resources?
ANSWER: Every prophet of God taught Islam –peace and submission to God. A Muslim is one who submitted to the will of Allah. Thus people pror to Mohammad who followed the teachings of their prophet were Muslims and will, Allah pleases, inherit Paradise.
Allah will not call man to account for what he does not know. This is why Allāh first send messengers to man. When knowledge comes to man what reason can he have for not accepting and follow it? Allāh gives every man the chance to choose between belief and disbelief.
Muhammad’s parents died before Islam came to them, thus it is doubtful that Allah will put them in Hell. As for Mohamamd’s uncle Abu Talib, he was presented with Divine truth and even though he had no argument against it he yet persisted in pleasing his clansmen by holding on to falsehood. (If you keep rejecting your employer’s admonition without good reason wouldn’t you expect to be fired?) As no religion can be shown to be superior to, or equal with, Islam, “non-Muslims” who know about Mohamamd and reject him.will go to hell.
39. If Hijab and niqab is (Islamically) good for society, why are there so many homosexuals in the Arabian peninsula?
ANSWER: Allāh has given man free choice. Look how many in non-Muslim society engage in drugs, adultery and other acts that are harmful to themselves, family, and to society. In fact even Christian priests, vicars of Christ, are homosexuals.(See Hijab).
40. Does Allah really want homosexuals to be put to death for expressing what they feel, often against what they wish they felt?
ANSWER: Tell it to Jews that Hitler should not go to Hell because he “feels”/felt that Jews should be exterminated (for whatever reason), and that Rudolph Hess should not have been put in Spandau prison because he “feels”/felt that Hitler was right. There is no death for homosexuality in Islam. Death for homosexuality is the Jewish and the Christian Law (which you want Muslims to follow). See Islam-homosexuals & lesbians).
41. Muslim men are allowed to practice al-‘Azl (withdrawing the penis before ejaculation during sexual intercourse) with female slaves and POW. What about doing this with male slaves?
ANSWER: Muslims are not “allowed” or forbidden to engage in coitus-interruptus. All the Prophet said when the matter was brought to his attention was: “Do you really do that? It is BETTER for you not to do it. No soul that which Allāh has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence”–(Bokhari Vol. 3, #432). Islam does not condone homosexuality be it with “male slaves” or with free males. (Notably there is no slavery in Islam, Islam abolished slavery, see Islam-slaves/slavery).
42. The Ka’aba was destroyed at least twice after Muhammad’s death. Why didn’t Allah send birds to protect the Ka’aba then?
ANSWER: (You can ask Him on the Day of Judgment). Perhaps Allah sent birds against Abrahah, this “Christian viceroy in Yaman of the king of Abyssinia,” and his army because Abrahah was arrogant and audacious, journeying some five hundred miles from Yemen to Makkah with the sole “object of destroying the Ka’bah;” and without provocation. See Muhammad Ali comm. to Qur’an chapter 105 MA’s translation of the Qur’an can be viewed/obtained at www.muslim.org).
43. The Black Stone in the Ka’aba has been struck and smashed by a stone fired from a catapult, it has been smeared with excrement, stolen and ransomed by the Qarmatians, and smashed into several fragments. Why did Allah not protect this important ‘holy’ stone from desecration and damage?
ANSWER: (You can ask Him on the Day of Judgment). Why did “Jehovah” not save His son from being killed by the Jews; not even after his praying to great drops of sweat. (Please do not degrade your intelligence by saying that God sent Jesus to die for sins; this has already been shown to be a colossal Christian crock).
44. Why do Muslims follow the pre-Islamic pagan practice of circling the Ka’aba (Tawaf)?
ANSWER: Allāh instructed Abraham, and BEFORE the pagans came, to build the Ka’bah for the purpose of Hajj. This is why Prophet Mohammad cleared it of idols. (See Hajj/pilgrimage. See also next topic). It is Christianity, as proven, that follows paganism; and you want Muslims to abandon Islam’s Divine Purity to worship Christianity’s impurity.
45. Do you think it’s strange that Judaism and Christianity (the religions of those who are considered People of the Book) do not practice ritual circumambulation (e.g. circling the Ka’aba) to please God, but pre-Islamic Arab Paganism and Hinduism and Buddhism (religions older than Islam and accused by Islam of “paganism”) do practice ritual circumambulation?
ANSWER: Allah God did not identify a shrine for Jews and Christians to circumambulate. As noted above, the Ka’bah was built for the worship of Allāh God BEFORE the advent of Prophet Mohammad; and one of the prescribed act was the circumambulating of it: “And when We pointed to Abraham the place of the House, saying: Associate naught with Me, and purify My House for those who make circuits and stand to pray and bow and prostrate themselves. And proclaim to men the Pilgrimage”–(Qur’an 22:26-29). Circumambulating the Ka’bah is symbolic of the Angels going around the Throne.of Allāh. (For more on this see Hajj).
Please show in the Rg Veda where God enjoined “ritual circumambulation” to Hindus (though the Rg Veda was edited by man, see Hinduism & women); and show where God enjoined “ritual circumambulation” to Buddha (though Buddha did not leave a book, see Buddhism & Buddha).
46. Why do you have to circumambulate the Ka’aba seven times? Why not just once? Why not eight or six times? And why only in a counter-clockwise direction?
ANSWER: If Muslims had circumambulate the Ka’bah “eight or six” times or five or “once” for certain you would have nitpicked it. We circumambulate the Ka’bah “counter-clockwise” (in which case our heart is nearer to it) because this is going from right to left. (If you cannot figure out how this is right to left let us know and we will explain).
47. Whenever royalty or important persons come to the Ka’aba, security give them a special place for prayer in the hateem. Why is there such inequality at the Ka’aba?
ANSWER: “Security” may be doing so because of “security” reasons. However, In Islam there is one law for all. Why do countries that claim to be democratic and of equality roll out the red carpet for dignitaries and not for “ordinary” persons when they visit?
48. There are hundreds of cleaners at the Ka’aba who regularly clean away pigeon droppings. If the Masjid al-Haram is truly holy, why does Allah allow birds to defile it?
ANSWER: (This is intelligent criticism) Birds do not “defile.” Like other beasts birds follow instinct; in this case any place is their washroom. (Man who is gifted with reason throw newborn babies into garbage bin and elsewhere to die and WikiIslam is obsessed with bird droppings at the Ka’bah. What pathetic creatures some people have degraded into).
49. If Muhammad was illiterate, why does Sahih Hadith such as Bukhari say he used to write letters?
ANSWER: At the beginning of the Revelation of the Qur’an Mohammad did not know to read or write. However, during the twenty-year period of his Prophethood it is not inconceivable that he may have learnt to read and write. Where is the problem? Besides, that Mohammad “used to write letters” does not mean he actually wrote them:, he may only have dictated them. Much like a secretary writing and sending a letter on behalf of the president; and which letter would be said to have been written by the president. (See Mohammad-wrote the Qur’an).
50. According to many Muslims, literary excellence proves divine inspiration, so was Shakespeare or Virgil divinely inspired too?
ANSWER: I am certain Muslims were referring to the Qur’an whose literary “excellence” lies in its diction and style. (See Qur’an-prophecies; Qur’an-science). Our knowledge and intelligence also is a Divine gift–(Qur’an 55:1-4; 96:1-5. See Islam-knowledge).
51. Why are men permitted to have four wives but women are only allowed one husband?
ANSWER: Have you asked Christians and Jews why Solomon was “permitted to have “seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines (1 Kings 11:3. And Solomon is said to be “wise”); and why his son, Rehoboam, was “permitted” “eighteen wives and three score concubines” (2 Chr. 11:21)?
As Muhammad Ali commented: “polygamy in Islam is both in theory and in practice an exception, not a rule, and as an exception it is a remedy for many of the evils especially prevalent in Western society. It is not only the preponderance of females over males that necessitates polygamy in certain cases, but there is a variety of other circumstances, not only for the moral but also for the physical welfare of society. Prostitution, the great evil of civilization, which is a real canker, with its concomitant increase in bastardy, is practically unknown to countries where polygamy is allowed as a remedial measure.”
Seemingly, the reasons why women are not allowed more than one husband are: (a) Since women matures earlier and live longer, there is no question of there being a preponderance of men (over women). (b) While in advanced nations with medical techniques it may not be a problem, a woman with multiple husbands may not know who the father of her child is. (c) Since woman is a vessel (a collector of the man’s deposit), with multiple husband’s these various deposits, which may adversely interact, may lead to the development of disease(s) (perhaps this is how venereal disease originated).
Polygamy is no vice, but a virtue when practiced in accordance with the Qur’an. It is doubtful that a decent woman would not prefer to be a second or even third or fourth wife in the divine sanctuary of marriage but to be in the immoral parlor of concubinnage–a kept woman. Allāh/Islam is not to be cited if Muslims abuse this blessed, beneficial and honorable institution.
(Perhaps an investigation into post World War II Europe to find out how many war-widows, either because of poverty or for sexual gratification, engaged in illicit relation and the number of children born from such illicit relations; in which event these children, or some of them, would have had to endure the stigma of illegitimacy and even not knowing who their fathers are/were. Perhaps even the women might not know whose children they had. Though it is doubtful that Europe would have kept record of such “dark” and disgraceful days. Glory, praise and thanks to Allāh for this wonderful allowance of limited polygamy in Islam when needed).
52. Why is having four wives permitted but having five wives is forbidden?
ANSWER: Everything has a limit. Even eating –if you eat too much at one time you are liable to pop your gut. (As noted above polygamy in Islam is a blessing not a vice).
53. Why do many Muslim women disagree with their husband getting a second wife even though Allah has allowed up to four wives?
ANSWER: Ask the women who disagree. As shown polygamy in Islam is not the rule; it is an exception. It is doubtful that the “disagreeing” woman placed in one of these unfortunate circumstances would not wish that a wife would consent to her husband having a “second” or “third” or “fourth” wife.
54. Do you think its right that a man can divorce for any reason (by pronounces “talaq” three times) but a woman has to plead her case before a judge?
ANSWER: There is no easy divorce for the man or woman –divorce is NOT effected by pronouncing “talaq” three times (see Islam-divorce).
55. A Muslim male is allowed to have sex with up to four wives, his concubines, his slaves, and with POW. How do you feel about your religion permitting men to practice pre-marital sex, adultery, rape, and polygamy? Do you think any of this is moral?
ANSWER: Islam does not allow sex with any but a spouse (see Islam-concubinage; Qur’an-evil verses).
(Did you, WikiIslam, ask Christians, whom you want Muslims to ape, how they “feel” about their God, Jesus, emerging from a vagina, sucked the “paps” of a woman and had Jews nip his foreskin? Are you going to ask them?)
56. Why does Islam ban adoption? What’s so evil about adoption?
ANSWER: Islam does not ban adoption; only that adopted children be called by the names of their fathers. Adopted children can inherit from their adopted parents. And while adopted parents are not obligated to keep adopted children when they attain the age of discretion there is no law requiring the adopted parents to turn adopted children out of the house. (See Islam-adoption).
ANSWER: So the Christian God, Jesus, which you want Muslims to worship, can “suckle” the breast of the wife of Joseph (or John the Baptist as some believe John the Baptist was Mary’s husband) but an Arab man cannot “suckle” the breast of the wife of another man?
(There are different wording for this hadith; see Muslim Vol.2, 3424-3431. Read also the footnotes). Salem, whom the hadith is about, was first “adopted” as a child before he was suckled. It is doubtful that the Prophet meant for Salem (a “grown man”) to literally suckle from the breast of the woman which would be a violation of marriage chastity and abhorrence to her husband. All this hadith could mean, as the footnote explains, was that the woman was to squeeze out a bit of her milk and gave the man/lad to drink –thus fostering him, which would make intimate relations between her and him illegal.
(Did you, WikiIslam, ask Christians if it is “good advice” to tell people to make cakes from human dung and eat it? Are you going to ask them? See Christians-eating cakes of human dung).
58. Why does Allah allow and even encourage (through Muhammad’s example) marriage between cousins? Does he not know it causes genetic disorders in offspring?
ANSWER: British Royal history is pregnant with “cousins” marriages.and seemingly without any “genetic disorders in offspring.” If “cousins” marriages were the only cause of “genetic disorders” there should not be very many such cases in the world. Or, we all should have “genetic disorders” as we all came from Adam and Eve and their children intermarrying.
59. Why can a woman on her period not touch the Qur’an?
ANSWER: (When Allah God commanded Moses on Mount Sinai to “take off thy shoes; surely thou art in the sacred valley of Tuwa,” Moses obeyed–Qur’an 20:12. Exodus 3:5).
There are certain aspects of Islam that requires ceremonial purity; one of which is touching the Qur’an. Allāh says that the Qur’an is a Book “Which none touches save the purified ones”–(Qur’an 56:79) Thus, touching/holding the Qur’an when in an unclean condition is prohibited.
However, this prohibition is not only for the menstruating woman but also for men who are not in a “purified” state. Since observing this precept is obedience to Allah. Therefore the woman and man following this directive of Allah receive reward for it, as well as receive reward for engaging in other forms of remembrance of Allah in lieu of physically touching/reading the Qur’an. (Notably, a menstruating woman can recite Qur’an from memory–Bokhari Vol.1, page 182 chapter 9). (See next topic).
60. A woman cannot pray to her creator for a quarter of the time because she is “dirty”. How do you feel about that?
ANSWER: (If your employer says to you that because of your sore arm you do not have to do any work but he will pay you for the day, is this a harm to you or a benefit?)
While the woman’s period is a time of pain and the menstrual flow is a pollution, the menstruating woman is not “dirty.” Only that she is in a state of ceremonial impurity –it is for this reason that she is exempted from prayer. However, this does not mean she loses the reward of the prayer. The mere fact that she observes the precept to keep away from prayer –which is obedience to the Creator– ensures her reward. Though she is exempted from prayer she can engage in other forms of remembrance of Allah. Allāh will not discriminate against woman because of her period –a factor in which she has no choice; a condition He gave her. Thus, the Muslim woman is to “feel” triply blessed in being exempt from prayer during her period –she gets the reward for obeying Allah, for engaging in other forms of remembrance of Allah, and for the pain she suffers during her period.
In contrast, while the Muslim man can do anything with his menstruating wife except have sexual intercourse–(Abu Dawud Vol.1, #258, 261.Also #’s267-273) It is Judaism and Christianity that considers woman “dirty’ during her menses: “When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstruation impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. And anyone who touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. And whoever touches any thing on which she sits shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening. Whether it be on the bed or on the thing on which she is sitting, when he touches it, he shall be unclean until evening. And if a man actually lies with her, so that her menstrual impurity is on him, he shall be unclean seven days, and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean”–(Lev. 15:19-24). (For more Christian misogyny see Christianity-women).
61. Women are not permitted to practice polygamy, men are. Women are not permitted to have have pre-marital/extra-marital sex with slaves and POW, men are. Women are not permitted to beat their marital partners, men are. A male inherits twice that of a female And the testimony of a women in court is worth half that of a man’s testimony. Considering these rules set out by the Qur’an, how can you possibly claim Islam stands for equality between the sexes?
ANSWER: For Polygamy and pre-marital sex, see Islam-polygamy; Islam-concubinage.
That women are not allowed to beat their partners (husbands). They can, but it is recommended that they do not. (See Islam-wife beating).
That a male inherits twice that of a female. See Woman’s inheritance-half of man’s.
That the testimony of a women in court is worth half that of a man’s testimony. See Woman’s testimony-half of man’s.
Notably, the Jewish and Christian man’s testimony is LESS than the Muslim woman’s.
The Bible teaches about those who “hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon…” that, “At the mouth of TWO witnesses, or THREE witnesses. shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of ONE witness he shall NOT be put to death”–(Deut. 17:2-6).
Would Christians say that one man’s witness is not to be taken under all situations? And the answer is yes as Deut. 19:15 shows: “ONE Witness shall NOT rise up against a man for ANY iniquity or for ANY sin…;” and as the teaching of Jesus (the Christian’s God) shows: “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between him and thee alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two MORE, that in the mouth of TWO or THREE witnesses every word may be established” “It is also written in your law, that the testimony of TWO MEN is true”–(Matt. 18:15-16; John 8:17).
Whereas Deuteronomy deals with “witness” in the case of false worship and “any” sin, Matthew deals with personal transgression and John seems to deal with all cases which is in consonance with Deut. 19:15.
Thus, the Jewish and Christian man’s witness is less than the Muslim man’s and has only a “half” witness credibility as the Muslim woman’s; in fact, the Muslim woman’s have greater “witness” power than the Jewish and Christian man considering that the Muslim woman’s “half” witness is restricted only to business matters in contrast to the Jewish and Christian man who has only a “half” witness in ALL matters. (Jesus mentions the witness of two “MEN,” did he forgot the women, or does the Christian woman has no “witness” credibility?)
In summary, the Muslim man has greater “witness” credibility than the Jewish and Christian man. And, apart from business matters, the Muslim woman also has greater “witness” credibility than the Jewish and Christian man (and the Jewish and Christian woman).
Whereas man and woman are not equal Allāh has given them equal rights. See Woman and man not equal.
62. Do you think its okay that Muhammad beheaded a whole tribe (banu qurayza) as if they were all guilty? Is it morally acceptable that even kids with traces of pubic hair were killed?
ANSWER: These Jews were executed for treason; and executed under the dictates of the Torah. Mohammad did not pass this judgment. This judgment was rendered by the person chosen by the Jews to arbitrate on their behalf. (See Mohammad-Jews & raiding parties).
63. Why do some of you condemn an ordinary person for engaging in pedophilia, but when your prophet does it, you make up excuses and even defend his actions?
ANSWER: That Mohammad engaged in “pedophilia” is libel. See Mohammad-rapist, pedophile, looter, cripple.
64. Why does Muhammad’s ascension story sound so strikingly similar to Jesus’ ascension? Could it have been a copy-cat story?
ANSWER: (Buddha who preceded Jesus by hundreds of years is said to have ascended to heaven, is Jesus’ ascension a “copy-cat” story of Buddha?)
Jesus’ “ascension” as noted in the Gospel(s) is a forgery in the Bible (see Jesus-inherited sin to ascension).
Even if Jesus’ “ascension was not a “forgery” Jesus and Mohammad were prophets of Allāh God so where is the difficulty if Allāh had both of them ascend to heaven. Elijah is said to have ascended to heaven, and in a chariot of fire.
ANSWER: People deny the existence of God –even though they cannot disprove the existence of God– Who created them and showed them the miracle of miracles in their own bodies and in their propagation, what about denying Mohammad and calling him crazy? Did they prove that Mohammad was “crazy”? The bulk of Arabia called Mohammad “crazy” and even tried to butcher him to safeguard their ignominy (idolatry).
If Mohammad was “crazy” this “crazy” man exposed the irrationality of polytheism; the futility and degradation of idolatry; the humiliation of superstition; the dangers of intoxicants and gambling; made unerring prophecies and statements on science, catapulted backward camel-drivers into ‘thrones of Caesars,’ and given us a Book/Qur’an unrivaled in history. What have those who called Mohammad “crazy” given to benefit mankind? (What have you given?)
66. Since many of Muhammad’s own family members did not believe him, why should we?
ANSWER: “We” can believe what “we” like. There were many who believed Mohammad. So what that “many” of his “own family members did not believe him”? Those who did not believe him could not refute him. Neither can you refute him. Jews not only disbelieved in Jesus they even tried to kill him, and believed they did.
67. How do you know whether or not Muhammad suffered from schizophrenia, narcissism, or Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder?
ANSWER: How do you know Mohammad “suffered” from these conditions? Prove it! If he did no one has yet equalled his accomplishments (as noted in item #65 above). And no one ever will!
68. Why do some of you claim sex is only allowed with girls who have had their first menses, when the Qur’an allows sex with pre-pubescent girls?
ANSWER: This has already been debunked five thousand ways to sundown (see Christianity-sex slaves & prepubescent girls; Qur’an-evil verses item #9)
69. Lina Medina (born September 27, 1933, in Ticrapo, Peru), had her menarche at age 8 months. So is it okay to have sex with an 8 month old baby?
ANSWER: (Was this “menarche” a normal occurrence or an abnormality?) See item #68 above.
70. Is sex between a 53 year old man and a 9 year old girl, immoral or moral?
ANSWER: (Some nine year old girls are very well developed. If a nine year old wants to have sex with a man of whatever age who are you to object?).
The Bible, which you want Muslims to follow, conveys that it is “moral” to have sex with a nine year old and even with a seven year old. (See ‘Aisha & Mohammad; Christianity-sex slaves & prepubescent girls).
71. The most authentic hadith collections, like Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, and Abu Dawud confirm that Muhammad fornicated with a 9 year old. So does Tabari. So why do some Muslims ignore or deny this?
ANSWER: Mohammad did not “fornicate with ‘Aisha. Mohammad was married to ‘Aisha when he had intimate relations with her (see ‘Aisha & Mohammad). It is the Bible, which you strive to have Muslims follow, that allows “fornication” (see Christianity-sex slaves & prepubescent girls).
72. Why do you say there’s no compulsion in religion even though the hadith says you should hit kids who don’t pray?
ANSWER: (Why do people force and even “hit” kids to go to school and take piano lessons etc? Is this compulsion?) A Muslim child is not being forced to believe only to fulfill the requirement of his religion –when he reaches the age of majority he can choose whatever faith he wishes to follow, though for certain if he is taught Islam correctly no Muslim will leave Islam for another religion because of belief; and at the age of majority, if he was taught correctly he would be grateful that he already knows, in contrast to if he was not taught and might then call his parents to task as to why they did not teach him.
In some societies a deviant child is sent to bed without supper or made to stand in a corner or deprived of certain privileges. This beating of the Muslim child is not to be brutal. Whereas brutality is another matter. How would you deal with a child to whom talking and facing him into a corner and sending to bed without supper and curtailing his privileges have no effect? Perhaps there are those who can attest that they are better off for receiving a whack on the backside. (For more on this see (Allah) A God who hates-by Wafa Sultan item #17).
The Christian God (Jesus) whom WikiIslam wants Muslims to follow requires the beating of children:
-“He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes,” “Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying,” “Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die”–(Proverbs 13:24; 19:18; 23:13-14).
-“Spare the rod and spoil the child.” A Bishop is to be “One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with ALL GRAVITY”–(1 Tim. 3:4).
-Even God (and as Christians claim Jesus is God, even Jesus) beats and scourges His sons into obedience and those who are not are “bastards”: “For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be WITHOUT CHASTISEMENT, whereof all are partakers, then are ye BASTARDS, and NOT SONS”–(Hebrews 12:6-8).
73. Do you think it’s appropriate that gay princes and slave murderers are custodians of the two holy mosques?
ANSWER: What does this have to do Islam? (Can you prove that these princes are “gay” and are “slave murderers”?)
“Do you think it’s appropriate that gay” Christians/priests should be vicars of Christ? (There are reports of priests admitting being “gay” and even in the Vatican. And the Internet has a list of Chrisitian priests guilty of sodomy and other sex abuse).
74. Modern Muslims have religious conflict with: Hindus in Kashmir; Christians in Nigeria, Egypt, and Bosnia; atheists in Chechnya; Baha’is in Iran; Animists in Darfur; Buddhists in Thailand; each other in Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Jews in Israel; Why is Islam involved in more sectarian and religious conflicts than any other religion today? In fact, why is Islam the only religion in conflict with every single one of today’s major world religions?
ANSWER: Why not the other way around –that these non-Muslims “have religious conflict with” Muslims? Had Hindus give Muslims their right to decide their choice in Kashmir there would be no Hindu-Muslim conflict.
With regards to Muslims “conflict” with Christians in general, Christians create strife with Muslims and then play the victim. Sir Arnold Thomas points out more than a century ago: “Many of the persecutions of the Christians in Muslim countries can be traced either to DISTRUST OF THEIR LOYALTY, EXCITED BY THE INTRIGUES AND INTERFERENCE OF CHRISTIAN FOREIGNERS AND THE ENEMIES OF ISLAM, OR TO THE BAD FEELING STIRRED UP BY THE TREACHEROUS OR BRUTAL BEHAVIOUR OF THE LATTER TOWARDS THE MUSALMANS.” (This is perhaps true today also).–(T.W. Arnold, The Preaching of Islam, pp. 76-77. Mr. Arnold also notes: that Egyptian Christians had also attempted to “BURN THE CITY OF CAIRO”–Ibid. p. 76. f/n).
About Jewish-Muslim “conflict.” Had Jews not covet and intrigued to kick Muslims off their land and Christians not steal this land and given it to Jews there would be no Muslim-Jew conflict. (See Palestine).
Muslims sectarian conflict is due to their ignorance of Islam. Islam which honors all Divine prophets and gives man the freedom of conscience and requires justice even if it be against one-self and giving to others the rights you exact for yourself could NOT and is NOT in conflict with “every single one of today’s major world religions.”
While Muslims kill each other (and some even kill innocent non-Muslims in the name of Allah), Christianity is no stranger to the sword. The Christian blade has given us two World Wars leaving tens of millions dead in her swing and her breath of fire holocausted “six million” Jews. And, beginning with the Crusades which left rivers of Muslim and Jewish blood in Jerusalem and incinerated hundreds of Jews in 1400’s Vienna:3
“From the dawn of Christianity until today every country of the world has been soaked with blood in the name of Jesus Christ. The Romans and the Byzantines of old as well as the European peoples of modern times are guilty of shedding blood in religious causes. The Crusades were launched and their fires fanned by Christians, not by Muslims. For hundreds of years, one army after another rolled out of Europe in the direction of the Muslim Orient to fight, to destroy, and to shed blood. In every case, the popes who claimed to be the vicars of Jesus Christ, blessed and encouraged these armies and hurried them to Jerusalem and other destinations….The (Christian) missionaries rejoin, “Those were the Middle Ages, ages of darkness, unfit as evidence against Christianity.” If this is an argument on which they pin some hope, let us then turn to the twentieth century in which we now live and which they call “the century of the highest human civilization.” This century has indeed seen the same darkness as did the Middle Ages. Lord Allenby, representing the allied forces of England, France, Italy, Rumania, and America, stopped in Jerusalem in 1918 after his conquest of that city toward the end of the first World War and said: “Today the Crusades have come to an end.”” (Muhammad Husayn Haykal The Life Of Muhammad, p. 213. The first Crusade against Muslims was launched in 1095 by Pope Urban II. If the Christian Middle-Ages were the “ages of darkness,” then the preceding ages were even “darker.” Why then crab at Mohammad (570-632) who preceded these Crusading “ages of darkness” by more than four centuries, and who was supposed to be a “barbarian” as Ibn Warraq charged? For a comment on Ibn Warraq’s fanciful book see Why I am not a Muslim).
If, as noted in the quote, the Romans and the Byzantines of old and the Crusades’ murderous rampage were “unfit as evidence against Christianity” as the Christian missionaries claimed, then the Gospels are to be labeled “unfit.” For these soldiers of Christ were only following Jesus’ decree that those who are not with him are against him (and thus are his enemies; and a person can be neutral) and to slay enemies who do not want him to rule (though these “enemies” might not militate against him): “He that is not with me is against me” “But those mine enemies, which not that I should rule over them bring hither, and slay them before me”–(Matthew 12:30; Luke 19:27). If these two absurdities of Christianity were to be implemented some five billion people (who do not accept Jesus as Divine and vicarious atoner) would have to be butchered. The only reason the Church does not now swing the steel blade is because she holds no sway in the land. As noted in ARABIA & NON-MUSLIMS, the Church has always been an enemy to knowledge and to the “other.” Non-Christians (and even some Christians) need to go down on their hands and knees and foreheads and thank God that Christianity is not lording their land or any other land. Including WikiIslam.
75. To this day there is sectarian conflict between Sunnis and Shi’ites in Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen and Pakistan. Did Allah plan this?
ANSWER: These conflicts between Sunnis and Shi’ites are because of their stupidity (disobedience to Allāh and His Prophet. See Islam-sectism among Muslims). Allāh does not plan “conflict.” It is the Christian God, Jesus, whom you want Muslims to follow, that “plan this (conflict)”.
-“Think NOT that I am come to send peace on earth: I came NOT to send peace, but a SWORD”–(Matthew 10:34);
-“I am come to send FIRE on the earth”–(Luke 12:49);
-“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth, Nay; but rather DIVISION: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; and the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law”–(Luke 12:51-53);.
-“For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me”–(Matthew 10:35-37);
-“If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple”–(Luke 14:26);
-“He that is not with me is against me” (and a person can be neutral)–(Matthew 12:30);
-“But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (though the enemies might not militate against him; Jesus advocates murder)–(Luke 19:27).
And as Christians say Jesus is God then “Jesus” “is a man of war”: “The Lord is a MAN OF WAR: the Lord is his name”–(Exodus 15:3). It is strange then that Christians should claim that Jesus is “Prince of peace.”
76. In Islam, Muhammad is given the honor of being the uswa hasana. He is viewed as “the perfect model of conduct for all Muslims,” and Allah asserts his morality as being “sublime”. So what crime exactly has Osama bin Laden committed which Muhammad did not?
ANSWER: What crime has Mohammad committed? Please detail them..
77. Unlike Muhammad, Osama bin Laden is not a known pedophile. Doesn’t this mean that the world’s most notorious terrorist is in fact a more moral man than the founder of Islam?
ANSWER: That Mohammad was a “pedophile” is slander. (See Mohammad-rapist, pedophile, looter, cripple).
78. Why are Muslims often concerned about Palestinian Muslims but not about Iraqis, Yemenis, Sudanese and Pakistanis who get butchered by fellow Muslims?
ANSWER: Muslims are not only concerned about Muslims butchering fellow Muslims. Palestinian’s lands have been stolen from them by arrogant Christians and given to the coveteous Jews; and are being subjected for more than six torturous decades now to monumental and grotesque obscenities. Which no one would accept for himself or brother. Not even you. (See Palestine).
Whoever commits a crime or is involved in it, be he Prince, President, Prime Minister or peasant, is to face the Judiciary.
Have you or will you, WikiIslam, advocate that those non-Muslims who commit crimes against Muslims be prosecuted? In the annals of modern history no people has suffered more, and continues to suffer, as Palestinians have suffered.
As one individual (seemingly Jewish) on the Internet said: If you have a heart you will cry for the Palestinians. If their is any cause on which to immortalize our names it is the cause of the Palestinians.
79. Al-Quds (القُدس Jerusalem) is not once mentioned directly in the Qur’an. So why make such scriptural contentions?
ANSWER: Where in the Bible does God refer to the “wailing wall?” Yet Jews have intrigued and engaged in terrorism to kick Palestinians from their land to occupy and worship at it. (See Palestine).
80. Islam makes many prophecies about the end of times, but why are none of the modern technologies prophesied?
ANSWER: Allāh says He made everything in the heavens and earth subservient to man. One can only make these items subservient through investigation of them. In His Qur’an Allāh gave insights into many avenues which :impelled Muslims to become “the founders of a new civilization.” The early Muslims “bequeathed a vast heritage to their Western successors in the form of that learning which the latter have since pursued under the name of modern science.” (See Qur’an article: The Qur’an a necessity; Qur’an-science).
81. How much of a god is Allah who made 128,000 failed prophets and then Muhammad with a final message?
ANSWER: (If these prophets “failed” then Jesus also not only “failed” but was killed by Jews, as Jews and Christians say, yet you want Muslims to worship this “failed” prophet). A prophet’s duty is only to deliver the Divine message, not to enforce it. In what way did these prophets “failed”?
82. People such as Nostradamus, Isaac Newton, and Einstein had many prophecies so were they divinely inspired too?
ANSWER: What prophecies did these individuals make? Jesus says false Christs and false prophets also shall show miracles. While Mohammad’s Prophethood was a Divine promise, proof of Muhammad’s Prophethood is not dependent upon him making prophecies. The Qur’an is proof of Mohammad’s Divine Messengership. (See Qur’an-prophecies; Qur’an-science).
83. Why did Allah make the Islamic holy day Friday, the Jewish holy day Saturday, and the Christian holy day Sunday?
ANSWER: (Why not? Allāh can do whatever He wills). Muslims do not have a “holy” day. In Islam every day is “holy.” Friday is the Day of congregational prayer with a sermon informing the people of current affairs.
However, if you want to go “holy” Muslims have
-a “holy” day –Friday;
-a “holy” month –Ramadan;
-“holy” festivals –Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha;
-“holy” ceremony –HAJJ;
-and ultimately “holy” Heaven/Paradise (with all the “virgins.” And you get nothing but “wailing and gnashing your teeth” in Hell which, as Jesus says, is an “everlasting fire,” a “furnace of fire” that “never shall be quenched.” Unless you wise up and bend your knees to Allāh).
While Allāh gave Jews Saturday as their Sabbath, Allāh did NOT mak the “Christian holy day Sunday.” It is Christianity –this remnant of paganism that you desire Muslims to mangle our intelligence and accept– that changed Jesus’ “holy day” from Saturday to Sunday. (See THE SOURCES OF CHRISTIANITY obtainable from www.muslim.org).
Rather than question Muslims about Islam, Christians and the peddlers of Christianity are to wail and gnash their teeth over the lies, falsehood, and blasphemy they follow. And blasphemers, as Jesus said, are on their way to Hell which is an “everlasting” “furnace of fire” that “never shall be quenched.” (See Jesus-soul & hell).
Muslims who apostatized from Islam have the grand opportunity while you are alive to repent and return to Allāh; when you die -and no one knows when he/she will die- there is no second chance.
Non-Muslims also, while you are alive, have the grand opportunity to give up the religious lies, falsehood, and blasphemy and turn to Allāh. When you die this grand opportunity evaporates like a dewdrop in Hell.
84. Why does Allah prefer sending scriptures to desert regions of the world?
ANSWER: If you had studied the Qur’an objectively rather than nit-pick verses to use against unschooled Muslims to lead them astray you would know that Allah raised messengers among all people and gave them rites and ceremonies; He did not send “scriptures to desert regions of the world” only.
85. Why does the Qur’an only speak about religions which were prevalent in Arabia at the time of its revelation? Why are there no Dharmic or Taoic religions mentioned?
ANSWER: Since Allāh raised messengers among all people and gave them acts of worship, it is evident that the Qur’an does speak about other religions–(Qur’an 22:34, 67). Notably, whereas Allāh tells us to believe in all His revealed Books, He also tells us what not to believe that is passing under His name, such as Trinity (which is polytheism), Divine sonship, inherited sin and vicarious atonement; Karma and reincarnation, more than one Creator (as in Zoroastrianism’s Creator of light and all things good, and Creator of darkness and all things evil); and “chosen people” to the exclusion of others (as in Judaism).
86. The Qur’an never says the physical scriptures of the previous revelations were corrupted, only their interpretations. So why does the Qur’an contradicts the message of the Bible?
ANSWER: The Qur’an does not “contradict” the teachings of Moses and Jesus; it denies the Jewish belief of them being a “chosen people” to the exclusion of others; and the Christian doctrines of Trinity, Divinity of Jesus, inherited sin and vicarious atonement –all of which are assumed and propagated as Divine truths. That the Bible is “physically’ “corrupted” see Bible corrupt & obsolete.
87. Early Islamic scholars such as Ibn al-Layth, Ibn Rabban, Ibn Qutayba, Al-Ya’qubi, Al-Tabari, Al-Baqillani, Al-Mas’udi, and Al-Bukhari confirm that the Taurat and Injil were not physically corrupted. So why is belief to the contrary so prevalent among todays Muslims?
ANSWER: Perhaps these “Early Islamic scholars” did not have the information we have today. That the Taurat and Injil are “physically” (or textually) corrupt see Bible corrupt & obsolete. As shown, the Bible itself testifies that “the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.”
88. Why did Allah not (as most Muslims claim) protect Christianity or Judaism from “corruption”? If he couldn’t get it right the first two times, why is Islam any different?
ANSWER: Christianity –Divinity of Jesus, inherited sin, and vicarious atonement– is NOT a Divinely revealed religion: it was named by humans after Christ. Judaism was named after Judah, one of the twelve sons of the prophet Jacob. The only Divinely revealed/named Religion is Islam–(Qur’an 5:3).
As Judaism and Christianity –the Taurat and Injil– were Divinely decreed to be superseded by the Qur’an there was no need to “protect” them for all time. (See Judaism; Jesus-Comforter). However, the teachings of Moses and Jesus are enshrined/protected in the Qur’an.
89. If you believe previous scriptures were corrupted because Allah was “testing” humans or he expected humans to look after their scriptures, doesn’t that negate his omnipotence?
ANSWER: If Allah was “testing” humans this does not “negate His omnipotence.” An examiner “testing” students does not negate the examiner’s knowledge: it only reveals the extent of the student’s knowledge or shows the student how much knowledge he possesses. In “testing” humans Allah would be only showing humans his own honesty and trust.
90. Muhammad’s father was named Abdallah (meaning Allah’s slave). Since Muhammad’s father was a pagan, aren’t you simply following a modified pagan religion?
ANSWER: (No one is a “slave” of Allah. We are “servants” of Allah: -we have the choice of believing or not).. Though the Arabs were pagans they also believed in a Supreme Creator. As Muhammad Ali notes in his comprehensive work The Religion Of Islam (pp. 155): “the Arabs had numerous ilahs or gods but none of them was ever called Allah, while a Supreme Being called Allah was recognized above them all as the Creator of the universe, and no other deity, however great, was so regarded”: “And if thou (Mohammad) ask them, Who created the heavens and the earth and made the sun and the moon subservient? they would say, Allah. Whence are they then turned away (from the truth of Islam)?”–(Qur’an 29:61).
And in the year 570 After Christ, the year of the birth of the Prophet Mohammad, when Abrahah, “the Christian viceroy in Yaman of the king of Abyssinia,” came to destroy the Ka’bah, the Prophet’s uncle, ‘Abd al-Muttalib instead of calling on his idols, prayed to Allah to defend the Ka’bah; Muhammad Ali notes: “Unable to defend the Holy House against the huge army, ‘Abd al-Muttalib thus prayed aloud, leaning upon the door of the Ka’bah: “Defend, O Lord, Thine own House! and suffer not the Cross to triumph over the Ka’bah.””–(comm. Qur’an 105:1).
Islam pre-dates paganism as well as all religions; Islam is the eternal and primeval religion, dating back to the creation of the universe Islam means peace and submission (to Allah); or peace and submission to the Will of Allah. The first human beings submitted to this law of Allāh God. Only that this submission to Allāh was not yet known as Islam. The following makes this point clear: “Then He (Allāh) directed Himself to the heaven and it was a vapour, so He said to it and to the Earth: Come both, willingly or unwillingly. They both said: We come willingly”–(Qur’an 41:11). We ‘come willingly’ or we submit to your command –Islam. Thus, Islam –submission to the command of Allāh, God– is as old as the heavens and the earth. All creations conform to the laws of Allāh God. (For more on this see All people are Muslims).
Strange reasoning that “Since Muhammad’s father was a pagan” Muslims must be “simply following a modified pagan religion.” Like Jesus’ “ELI” on the cross, “Allāh” is one of the names of God in the Semitic language. Does this make Jews followers of “original” paganism?
91. The Qur’an says faces will turn black if the person is a sinner, and the face will turn white if the person is not. In the light of this, what will happen to black people?
ANSWER: These are figurative expressions: “black” signifies sad/unhappy and “white” signifies joy/happy.
92. Muslims always attack the Christian concept of Original sin and the Hindu/Buddhist concept of Karma. So how do you explain innocent children being born with Aids or being born deformed? Is it “Allah’s will” to make innocent children suffer? Does he think its funny to create Hermaphrodites and Schizophrenics?
ANSWER: Women in the nineteen-sixties took the fertility drug “thalidomide;” it is preposterous to blame Allah for their children that were born deformed/malformed/misformed. People with AIDS who parent children have no one but themselves to blame for their children contracting the disease from them. The effect of alcohol on the fetus is fairly known, it would be absurd then for pregnant women who consume alcohol to blame Allāh for their childrens’ medical conditions.
While the brains of schizophrenics are said to be different and schizophrenic is an illness its cause is unknown. Regarding “hermaphrodites” Allāh tells us He creates what we know not. And everything in creation is created for a reason. (For “original sin” and karma and reincarnation see Jesus-inherited sin to ascension; Karma & Reincarnation-fact or fiction?).
93. Why does the Qur’an discuss extinct religions such as Sabians, while ignoring major religions such as Buddhism?
ANSWER: The Qur’an discusses all religions. As Allah is Lord of all the worlds and as He gave guidance to every people it is only reasonable that He enlightens us about previous people.
There is no such Divine religion as Buddhism: “Buddhism” is man-named and named after Buddha, of which some adherents are atheists and some follow karma and reincarnation which have no Divine foundation and are illogical doctrines. (See Buddhism & Buddha; Karma & Reincarnation-fact or fiction?).
94. The Qur’an claims the New Testament is a book given to Jesus (Qur’an 5.46). However, in reality, it consists of books by Jesus’ followers. Why make such an obvious flaw?
ANSWER: The Qur’an did NOT make any “flaw;” it clearly refers to the Injil/Gospel given to CHRIST. Allāh tells us that Jews and Christians write the “Book” with their own hands and say it is from Allāh; which is a clear reference to (parts of) the Old Testament and the many letters of Paul and others of the New Testament which Christians are trying to force down the throats of the world as “Word of God.” (See Bible corrupt & obsolete).
95. There are many monotheistic religions before Islam (such as Judaism, Christianity and Zoroastrianism), and after Islam (such as Yazdânism and Sikhism), so what is wrong with them specifically?
ANSWER:See Judaism; Christianity-a fake; Buddhism & Buddha; Zoroastrianism; Sikhism-fact or fake?
Even though these religions teach monotheism (though Christianity with its Trinity is polytheism) yet neither of them is superior to, or equal with, Islam. These “religions” were for a specific people and for a limited time.
If someone should give you a choice between an outdated and obsolete model of an item and a modern perfect model, which would you take? (See Islam superior to all other religions).
96. When Allah fooled the Jews (and eventually the Christians) into thinking Jesus was crucified on the cross, was Allah being a Deceiver?
ANSWER: Allah did NOT “fool” Jews and Christians; they themselves believed they had killed/crucified Jesus. Allah only said that Jesus appeared to be dead –he was in a coma.
97. Why did Allah wait 600 years to tell the Christians and Jews that Jesus did not really die on the cross?
ANSWER: (Allah had) Jesus tell them soon after he had regained consciousness; even Paul told them that Jesus did not die on the cross–(See Jesus-inherited sin to ascension, chapter crucifixion).
And even though Allah Himself informed them “600 years” afterwards in His Qur’an yet it has fallen on deaf ears/hearts: the Jews still take it upon themselves to say they killed Jesus and the Christians are ever trying to drown the world in this mythical blood of Jesus Christ (though the Vatican was given proof by a Christian organization that the person in the Shroud of Turin was NOT a dead body).
98. Instead of simply saying ‘Jesus didn’t get resurrected’, why did Allah not prove Jesus was not resurrected to avoid more than two billion mislead Christians?
ANSWER: Would Christians have believed? Do Christians not have “reason?” How many examples have Allah not shown them in the Qur’an that Jesus could not be Divine and yet they toss them behind their backs. In fact Christians do not even believe their own God/Son of God that he was not Divine; but Christians are ever stuck on the Church’s invention of Trinity and on Paul’s concoction of inherited sin and vicarious atonement. (See Allāh and Jesus or Paul; Jesus-Trinity; Jesus-Son of God; Jesus as God; Jesus-a Muslim taught Islam; Jesus-only for Jews).
99. If people truly have free will why does the Islamic Shari’ah prevent people from executing it?
ANSWER: Please give examples of this.
100. Why is listening to music under most circumstances forbidden in Islam? Or why can Muslims not agree on its permissibility? Isn’t Islam supposed to be clear?
ANSWER: Allah has created the heavens and earth and all within for our benefit. He has given us knowledge; how we use it –for good/benefit or evil/harm– is up to us. If listening to music encourages/impels you to evil/sin then it is bad for you: avoid it. Muslims failing to agree can hardly be blamed on Islam. Do you and your wife/mate agree on everything? Will you then blame your parents for your disagreement?
101. People date in order to find out the character of a possible spouse. So why does Allah forbid dating?
ANSWER: (Isn’t “dating” a euphemism for illicit relations? or can lead to illicit relations). There are many non-dating marriages that are successful and many “dating” marriages which “find out the character of a possible spouse” that ended in the dumps.
One does not need to “date” to find out the “character” of a person: his/her parents or relatives may be able to investigate this. Besides there are perhaps those who, after marriage, has found out that the “spouse” is not who he/she projected himself/herself to be. (With the false hair and eye-lashes and padded bosoms and booties, the groom might wake up the next morning to find himself in a situation similar as Jacob who was “tricked” into marrying the wrong woman –you can probably already hear the poor fella’s scream at seeing all the imitation materials: that he was a victim of misleading advertising)–Genesis 29:16-25)
Islam teaches that when a man and woman are alone together there is a third party –the devil– inciting them to sin. Even though the “dating” couple may not have engaged in illicit relations the fact that they were alone together on a “date” would give rise to suspicion that they were engaged in illicit relation (which may ward off an interested suitor). Thus, in not allowing “dating” Islam seeks to protect the name of the man and the woman. However, Islam allows prospective mates to engage in private, chaperoned conversations –the couples are seen but not heard– to ascertain suitability/compatibility.
102. Why has Allah forbidden taking pictures, and why do so many Muslims ignore this command?
ANSWER: Only the making of objects/images and taking pictures for the purpose of worshipping them are forbidden. The Bible also prohibits the making of image–(Exodus 20:4).
103. Why does Allah care whether or not you sleep on your stomach?
ANSWER: Do you not care whether your child is doing what is best for himself? Seems that sleeping on your stomach places undue stress on your spine (there is no support for the back).
Certain manufacturers supply an instruction manual for their products, giving instructions –do’s and don’t’s– for the proper operation and maintenance of the item. It is up to the owner of the product to follow these instructions. Allāh God Who invented/created the greatest object (us humans) has given us a manual (precepts) on how to treat our bodies (and souls). We are free to follow it or not. Sleep on whatever body part you like.
104. Fifty percent of men worldwide have had extra-marital sex. So, in theory, do half the men on earth deserve to be stoned or lashed?
ANSWER: Yes! If “Fifty percent of men worldwide” commit rape should they not be penalized? However, while adulterers are to be lashed there is no “stoning” to death in Islam For adultery and fornication see Islam-adultery & flogging.
105. Why does Allah want you to trim your moustache and grow your beard? Why is he preoccupied with such trivial things?
ANSWER: (Like one person’s junk is another person’s treasure, so one person’s “trivial” is another person’s interest). Never heard that “cleanliness is next to Godliness?” If you do not trim your moustache the hairs will get into your mouth. Would you like to have hair in your mouth, and mixing with your food and drink? Even restaurants (and home-cooks) take pain and pride to keep hair out of food. Even Jesus Christ, the Christians’ God and Son of God, grew his beard (you should question the Pope and Bishops and Cardinals and Pastors and parishioners why they are not growing their beards)..
106. Why in Islam is it forbidden to touch a dog but not a rat, when rats are much more dirty?
ANSWER: Though rats may carry a more dangerous disease (bubonic plague; and dogs carry rabies) that rats “are much more dirty” may be debatable. It is not “forbidden” to touch a dog, only that they are not allowed to be inside the house. (See item #111).
107. Why does Allah recommend you to dye your hair? Why on earth would an omnipotent deity care what color your hair is?
ANSWER: Why not? Manufacturers give instructions on how to keep our purchases looking new. Why shouldn’t Allah who made the best engineering marvel ever care about his product?
Like cleanliness and nice apparel (as one can afford), sweet scenting is next to Godliness. The Prophet used and recommended the use of perfume. The flowers of the henna plant are fragrant The Prophet used henna perhaps to keep his hair nice-smelling. Much like modern men (and women) use perfumed hair dressings.
108. Why is alcohol based mouthwash forbidden? Can people absorb enough alcohol through the skin to get drunk?
ANSWER: (Perhaps they fear swallowing it inadvertently). One is forbidden only to consume alcohol. However, if there is a non-alcohol product then it is one’s choice.
109. Why is talking to the non-mahram opposite gender forbidden according to Islam?
ANSWER: Please give examples of this forbiddance. Allah says men and women are friends and protectors of one another. The only admonishment is that we avoid touching and engaging in soft/seductive gaze and speech.
110. Why does Allah hate tattoos, and why has he forbidden it?
ANSWER: As stated above, certain manufacturers supply an instruction manual for their products, giving instructions –do’s and don’t’s– for the operation and maintenance of the item. It is up to the owner of the product to follow these instructions. Allāh God Who invented/created the greatest object (us humans) has given us a manual (Scripture) on how to treat our bodies (and souls). We are free to follow it or not. Is your skin not perfect that you need to dress (blemish?) it with ink? (poison?) Tattoo your eyelids if you like.
111. Why according to Islam should dogs (especially black ones) be killed?
ANSWER: The Prophet did not order that all dogs be killed. When attention was brought to the Prophet that Muslims were killing dogs indiscriminately the Prophet forbade this killing and said that only a certain type of dog is to be killed: “It is your duty to kill the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil”–(Muslim Vol. 3, #3813).
The explanation to the hadith states: “The hadith gives us an idea why the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) commanded to kill dogs. There must have been an excess of stray dogs and thus the danger of rabies in the city of Medina and its suburbs. The Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him), therefore ordered to kill them. Later on when it was found that his Companions were killing them indiscriminately, he forbade them to do so and told them that only the ferocious beasts which were a source of danger to life should be killed. The word “devil” in the hadith clarifies the point. Here devil stands for ferocious. See also Kitab-al-Taharah, p.166, note 486” (i.e. Vol. 1, note 486).
And Kitab-al-Taharah, p.166, note 486” states in part: “Islam has declared the dog to be an unclean beast because its saliva has the germs of rabies in it. The writer of the article on “dog” in the Encyclopaedia Britannica says: “It [rabies] is more common in dogs than in any other animal” (Vol. VII, p. 497). The dog is also responsible for the spread of “Canine Plague”. The virus causing this disease is airborne and affects the other dogs very quickly.”
The Prophet did not forbid the keeping of dogs. Dogs could be trained for hunting and guarding–(Bokhari Vol.1, #175; Vol. 7, #392; Vol. 3, #270; Muslim Vol. 3, #3812). In fact, the Prophet taught that a person who gave dog to drink will enter Paradise–(Bokhari Vol. 1, #174, Vol. 3, #551, 646).
While WikiIslam tries to denigrate Prophet Mohammad for killing the “devil” dog. There are videos on the Internet showing wild dogs running rampant in Russia and even riding on subways. Also there are videos showing dogs attacking humans in Russia, London, and the U.S. And one shows a group of dogs attacking another dog, killing it. (There are feral dogs –dogs that were domesticated and abandoned– running wild in packs in the U.S. causing fear among people).
It is not surprising then that America, Britain, and Canada have, in part(s) of the country, banned or restricted certain breeds of dogs –as many as “75 breeds” according to the Internet. Obviously these laws were instituted to make the community safe from “potentially dangerous” or “violent” dogs. Which Mohammad did for his community –which had no dart guns or pepper spray or animal nets or medicine to put them to “sleep” or rabies vaccine.
112. Why would Allah care about which foot we enter the toilet with, and why does he care about which shoe we put on first?
ANSWER: In general, “right” connotates that which is good. Thus, instructions to do things beginning with the “right” limb would seem to have the psychological effect of priming us to always to what is good and “right.” Being the complete and perfect way of life Islam also teaches us how to clean ourselves, and to use water if available. (So, you can go about stained and sticky or you can go about clean and silky).
113. Why did Allah forbid the playing of chess and masturbation? Aren’t these things healthy?
ANSWER: (Perhaps because spending such a long time on a game of chess is a waste of invaluable time?) Considering that Prophet Mohammad encouraged sports –he himself took part in wrestling and horse-racing– it would seem that there is more to this hadith than is recorded–(Muslim Vol. 4, #5612). Perhaps the people were playing chess for other reason than sport, such as gambling or something related to paganism.
Perhaps over-indulgence in masturbation is harmful. In the Bible God slew Onan for spilling his seed onto the ground–(Genesis 38:7-10)
114. Why does Allah care whether you use even or odd numbers of toilet paper or stones in the loo?
ANSWER: (We are taught to first wipe towards the back, then towards the front, then back again). May be because the first wipe towards the rear takes most of the waste away from the body, and thus the third wipe in being odd takes the remaining matter away towards the rear; which rear and front alternation would seem to leave a “cleaner” you. (Wiping first towards the back would seem to be of special benefit to women in that it keeps the waste from coming in contact with the genital, which contact could cause urinary tract infection). After wiping we wash.
115. Why would an omnipotent deity care which hand you use to eat?
ANSWER: Perhaps because we use our left hand to clean ourselves. (See item #12).
116. Why does Allah want Muslims (if not the entire world) to follow 7th century Shari’ah law?
ANSWER: Because there is no system on the face of this earth that is more equitable and just than Shari’ah.
117. If there truly is science in the Qur’an, why didn’t Maurice Bucaille convert to Islam?
ANSWER: Perhaps he is/was not ready to embrace religion. Ask him. Do you think the Pope and Bishops and Cardinals and other Christian heads do not know that what they follow and teach –Trinity, inherited sin and vicarious atonement– are lies, falsehood and blasphemy? Why do they then yet follow it? (See the various topics on Christianity and on Jesus).
As you want Muslims to follow Christianity why don’t you “convert” to Christianity?
118. Other religions claim to have scientific miracles too, so wouldn’t this mean that the Islamic argument is void?
ANSWER: No! Allāh raised up messengers in all nations and gave them guidance. Thus if other religions have “scientific miracles” this would be in line with the “Islamic argument”. What “scientific miracles” do other religions claim to have?
119. Why do alleged claims of compatibility between the Qur’an and science only come after the scientific discovery is made?
ANSWER: They are not “alleged.” The Qur’an is guidance to the Resurrection. Some of its verses on science, as Maurice Bucaille points out, could only be translated and interpreted in the light of modern science. (The Bible The Qur’an and Science, p. 121).
120. If Muslims trust Muhammad, why not use his recommended medicines (mentioned in numerous sahih hadith) such as camel urine rather than western products?
ANSWER: Islam is the religion of science and progress. As new and better cures are developed we are to use these. If camel urine was the only cure available would you not use it to keep yourself alive?
121. Muhammad said if you eat seven dates every morning, no poison can harm you. Does that include protection against Anthrax, Arsenic and Cyanide?
ANSWER: Which poison was Mohammad talking about -poison taken or poison that develops in the body because of some disorder or other cause? You can ask him on the Day of Judgment.
122. If the Qur’an and Hadith are full of science (as Muslims claim) why did the owners of these scriptures not invent computers, TVs, spaceships, helicopters, ipods, satellites, birth control pills, vaccination for smallpox, telephones, radios, light bulbs, microchips, CDs, playstations, refrigerators, microwaves, stainless steel, plastic, x-rays, polio-vaccine, anti-biotics, heart-transplants, DNA studies etc?
ANSWER: So you want everything to be invented by Muslims and at once. Perhaps in the future people who would have superseded our civilization might ask “why did the owners of these” civilization not invent the time-machine or build underwater cities or cities in the sky or invent flying cars or develop/invent travels by suspended animation etc;? Then someone might find your site and say Ah! This is why they did not, they were squandering their precious and irreplaceable hours trying to find non-existent faults in the Qur’an/Islam and trying to denigrate Mohammad and Muslims.
123. Most claims of scientific achievements made by followers of Islam during the so-called “Golden Age” (for example; all 20 inventions mentioned by Paul Vallely) have been either refuted or shown to have been greatly exaggerated. How do you feel about that?
ANSWER: If Muslims benefitted mankind from even one invention, Muslims are to be proud. And what inventions have Jews and Christians contributed (from Bible teachings? Please do not confuse Christianity with secularism. And the west began to make progress only when they tossed the Bible and began thinking along Islamic lines. See Christianity-enemy to knowledge).
124. Why doesn’t Allah find a way to refute human evolution?
ANSWER: Islam and evolution are not adversaries. Evolution is part of Creation. Notably, as pointed out by Khwaja kamal-ud-Din, the principle of evolution was taught to the world for the first time in Islam. Four of the ninety-nine Names of Allāh are:
(1) Rabb–“the Originator of things and their Combiner to create new forms. It means the Law-giver, Who frames Laws under which He propounds the shapes which things must assume and the ratio and proportion in which various ingredients must combine with each other. He is the Regularizer, i.e., the Lord Who puts things on the way to perfection. He is the Arranger of the different stages through which they have to pass on their way to completion.”–(Ref. Qur’an 87:1-3; 25:2; 54:49).
(2) Al-Badi’–He Who creates out of nothing;
(3) Al-Bari–He Who originates things with various faculties in them;
(4) Al-Khaliq–He Who combines things in a given proportion to create new things. (See Creation or Evolution).
125. Muhammad said that black cumin cures all diseases except death. Can it cure AIDS, Polio, Diabetes and Bird Flu among many others?
ANSWER: Have experiments been done to find out? If they have and have failed to give cure, maybe they need to research/experiment more. Mohammad also said that every disease has a cure, perhaps the base of these cures (or many of them) is “black cumin.”
126. Muslims do not know what the Qur’an verse “Alif Lam Mim” means. So what was the point of putting it in the Qur’an?
ANSWER: (Does every mortgagor knows what all the legal terms in his/her mortgage contract means? What then is the point of the lawyer putting them in?)
Yes, we know what these Qur’anic abbreviations mean. The Publisher of Abdul Haque Vidyarthi’s book Muhammad in World Scriptures (p. xix) commenting on the “Om” of Hinduism, states: “There are, as in other languages, abbreviations in Arabic also. The Holy Qur’an has used 29 such abbreviations, alif, lam, mim being one of them. But the half-baked maulvis unfortunately mistaught the world that these letters were enigmatic and inexplicable, and left them untranslated.”
Muhammad Ali has explained these letters in his translation of the Qur’an. (For MA’s translation of the Qur’an see www.muslim.org).
127. If the Taurat and Injil were “perfect” and agreed with todays Qur’an but are now corrupted, then why did Allah declare “today i have perfected your religion”? Were the previous revelations sent on other days not perfect?
ANSWER: All prophets prior to Mohammad were tribal and their teachings were for their respective people and for a limited time. The Prophet Mohammad’s advent were two-fold: to minister to the Arabs who were the only people to which no prophet had come; and to unite all mankind under one set of laws. This is why no prophet ever gave the name of a religion to follow or claim to be the last prophet from God that would come, but in fact Moses and Jesus clearly spoke of another great teacher to come, who will guide into “all truth” and “abide for ever” as Jesus declared.
While revelations to earlier prophets were “perfect” for their respective people they were not perfect for all time. Through the Prophet Mohammad, religion was “perfected” for all time and God’s favor to man completed. Also, the teachings of these past prophets that are good for all time is included in the Qur’an/Islam: “A Messenger (Mohammad) from Allāh, reciting pure pages, Wherein are (all) right books”–(Qur’an 98:2). Thus, the Qur’an consists of the teachings of previous scriptures that are applicable to all times, and exceeds and supersedes all scriptures.
As to why the Qur’an begins with the Sura Fatihah instead of Sura ‘Alaq which was the first Surah revealed.
ANSWER: As stated elsewhere Surahs were positioned under the instructions of Allāh through His Angel Gabriel. The Fatihah is the declaration of praise to Allah and the prayer for Allāh’s guidance and favor before commencing the recitation of the Qur’an. Moreover, the Fatihah is the quintessence of the Qur’an, as Muhammad Ali explains:
“The Fatihah or the Opening is known under various other names. It is spoken of as the Seven Oft-repeated Verses in the Qur’an itself (15:87), because its seven verses are constantly repeated by every Muslim in his prayers. It is spoken of as the Fatihat al-Kitåb or the Opening of the Book in a saying of the Holy Prophet, in which it is said that “no prayer is complete without the recitation of Fatihat al-Kitåb” (B. 10:95). Hence it is also called Surat al-Salåt, i.e. the chapter of Prayer, being essential to every prayer whether performed in congregation or in private. It is also called Surat al-Du‘å, i.e., the chapter of Supplication, because the entire chapter is a supplication or a prayer to the Great Master. It is also known as Umm al-Kitåb, i.e., the Basis of the Book, because it contains the whole of the Qur’an as it were in a nutshell. Some of the other names given to this chapter are the Praise, the Thanksgiving, the Foundation, the Treasure, the Whole, the Sufficient, the Healer and the Healing.
Al-Fatihah contains seven verses in a single section, and was revealed at Makkah, being without doubt one of the earliest revelations. It is a fact that the Fatihah formed an essential part of the Muslim prayers from the earliest days when prayer was made obligatory, and there is a vast mass of evidence showing that this happened very early after the Prophet’s Call. For not only is the fact referred to in the earliest revelations, such as the 73rd chapter, but there are also other historical incidents showing that prayer was observed by the earliest Muslim converts.
The chapter is headed by the words Bi-smi-llåh al-Rahman al-Rahim, which also head every one of the other 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an with the exception of one only, the ninth, while the same sentence occurs once in the middle of a chapter, viz., in 27:30, thus occurring 114 times in the Holy Qur’an. The phrase has besides acquired such a wide usage among the Muslims that it is the first thing which a Muslim child learns, and in his everyday affairs the Bismillåh is the first word which a Muslim utters.
The Bismillåh is the quintessence of the chapter Fatihah, in the same manner as the latter is the quintessence of the Qur’an itself. By commencing every important affair with the Bismillåh, the Muslim in fact shows in the midst of his everyday life affairs that the right attitude of the human mind towards the Great Mind of the universe is that it should always seek a support in the Mighty One Who is the Source of all strength; and Faith in God, thus, finds expression in the practical life of a Muslim in a manner unapproached anywhere else in the history of religion.
The Fatihah has a special importance as a prayer. Its oft-repeated seven verses constitute the prayer for guidance of every Muslim at least thirty-two times a day, and therefore it has a much greater importance for him than the Lord’s prayer for a Christian. There is another difference, too. The latter is instructed to pray for the coming of the kingdom of God, whereas the Muslim is instructed to seek for his right place in that kingdom, which had already come, the hint no doubt being that the coming of the Prophet was really the advent of the kingdom of God about whose approach Jesus preached to his followers (Mark 1:15). The prayer contained in this chapter is the sublimest of all the prayers that exist in any religion, and occupies the first place among all the prayers contained in the Qur’an itself. A chorus of praise has gone forth for it from the greatest detractors of the Holy Qur’an. The entire chapter is composed of seven verses, the first three of which speak of the four chief Divine attributes, viz., providence, beneficence, mercy and requital, thus giving expression to the grandeur and praise of the Divine Being, and the last three lay open before the Great Maker the earnest desire of man’s soul to walk in righteousness without stumbling on either side, while the middle one is expressive of man’s entire dependence on Allāh. The attributes referred to are those which disclose Allāh’s all-encompassing beneficence and care, and His unbounded love for all of His creatures, and the ideal to which the soul is made to aspire is the highest to which man can rise, the path of righteousness, the path of grace, and the path in which there is no stumbling. Thus, on the one hand, the narrow views that the Divine Being was the Lord of a particular nation are swept off before the mention of His equal providence and equal love for all mankind, nay for all the creatures that exist in all the worlds, and, on the other, the soul is made to aspire to the great spiritual eminence to which arose those to whom Allāh was gracious, the prophets, the truthful, the faithful and the righteous (4:69). One would in vain turn over the pages of sacred books to find anything approaching the grand and sublime ideas contained in this chapter of the Holy Qur’an.
As I have said, the Fatihah is the quintessence of the whole of the Qur’an. For the Qur’an is a book which declares the glory of Allāh and teaches the right way to man, and both these themes find full expression in the Fatihah. The fundamental principles of faith, the prime attributes of the Divine Being, which are the basis of all other attributes, the relation which ought to hold between man and his Creator, are all contained in their essence in the seven short sentences of which this wonderful chapter is made up. And to crown all, this chapter opens with the broadest possible conception of the Lordship of the Divine Being and the brotherhood of man, nay of the oneness of all creation, for the unity of the creation necessarily follows the unity of the Creator”–(Introduction to Surah Fatihah. MA’s translation of the Qur’an can be obtained at www.muslim.org)
128. Caliph Uthman had all different copies of the Qur’an destroyed, so how do you know that his version is the correct one?
ANSWER: There is no “Uthman” version of the Qur’an. The Qur’an was both memorized and written down at the time of its revelation. Destroying copies of the Qur’an (like the “FAKE AMERICAN QURAAN” noted on Christians-Internet) does not destroy the Qur’an. For the history of the Qur’an see Qur’an).
129. Muslims claim no-one can produce a single chapter like the Qur’an, but is there anything extraordinary, for example, about chapter 108 and its three short ayahs?
ANSWER: Then prodcue a chapter like it.
130. The earliest found Qur’an did not have diacritical marks, so how can you say the Qur’an is uncorrupted?
ANSWER: Corrupt means to alter text to give a meaning other than its original. Placing “diacritical marks,” which was done for the benefit of non-Arabic speaking people, is NOT corruption –changing the original meaning of the text. (For more on this see Qur’an chapter vowel and points)
131. Is it possible to open a random page in the Qur’an and not find a verse of violence in there?
ANSWER: Yes! There is no “violence” in the Qur’an. To fight those who transgressed against you and are dedicated to extirpating you is not “violence.” It is self-defence. If you believe it is “violence” go tell it to the Allies of World War II; go and tell it to the U.S. that she should not be chasing after al-Qaeda but should let al-Qaeda have a blast (pun intended) all over America. (See Islam-intolerance).
Even if it was not possible “to open a random page in the Qur’an and not find a verse of violence in there” this would not be of any consequence to the Qur’an/Islam seeing that Mohammad’s entire life was subjected to “violence” from his enemies and therefore had to react with measures against this “violence” –it is doubtful that a general at war would instruct his soldiers on the future of pork bellies and beans rather than in the art of vanquishing the enemy.
However, if you want to know about “violence” read the Bible which you want Muslims to follow. The Old Testament is a cauldron of blood and gore –simmering with the blood of even the ox and ass and the fetus– and Jesus bequeathed a legacy of intolerance, strife, and slaughter. Here in his own words as enshrined in the Gospels:
-“He that is not with me is against me” (and a person can be neutral) –(Matt. 12:30);
-“Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth, Nay; but rather DIVISION: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; and the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law;” “If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple”–(Luke 12:51:53; 14:26);
-“I am come to send FIRE on the earth;” “Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth, Nay; but rather DIVISION;” “Think NOT that I am come to send peace on earth: I came NOT to send peace, but a SWORD”–(Luke 12:49, 51-53; Matt. 10:34);
-“But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (though these enemies might not militate against him. Jesus counsels murder)-(Luke 19:27).
132. If Allah knows everything, why did he make the Qur’an so ambiguous? Did he just want Muslims to spend their spare time trying to figure out its meanings?
ANSWER: There is no ambiguity (or discrepancy) in the Qur’an. Just people’s lack of reasoning.
133. Why does the Qur’an repeat the same things over and over and over?
ANSWER: (Why does the military have its soldiers engage in regular drills and exercises, and perhaps even memorize, and rehearse, certain information?)
Regimentation helps to cultivate discipline and build character and repetition helps to make easy committance to memory and generates remembrance. and serves as a reminder.
134. Why do you claim the Bible is corrupt but at the same time proclaim Muhammad is mentioned in the Bible?
ANSWER: That the Bible is “corrupt” does not mean all of its teachings have been corrupted. While Allah has revealed in His Qur’an that Moses and Jesus foretold the advent of the Prophet Mohammad and in his book Muhammad in World Scriptures Abdul Haque Vidyarthi “had adduced 3000 incontrovertible arguments and signs proving the truthfulness of the Holy Prophet and His Divine mission” Prophet Mohammad does not need the Bible (or any other Book) to substantiate his Divine Messengership: the inimitablity of the Qur’an, its prophecies some of which have already manifested, and its scientific expressions are proof of his claim. In fact, of all the claimants to Divine Dispensation, Jesus included, Mohammad is the only one who can substantiate his claim. That the Bible is “corrupt” see Bible corrupt & obsolete.
135. If you believe only parts of the Bible have been corrupted, how do you differentiate between the good and the bad? Don’t you think arbitrarily choosing whatever verses suit your argument is intellectually dishonest?
ANSWER: The Bible has been tampered with, as has been shown and which even Christians admit.
While Allāh tells us in His Qur’an to believe in all His Books, Allāh also tells us what not to believe; such as karma and reincarnation (as Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism teach), more than one Creator (as Zoroastrianism teaches), “chosen people” to the exclusion of others (as Judaism teaches), and Divine sonship of God, Trinity, inherited sin, and vicarious atonement.(as Christianity teaches).
136. According to Muslims, Jesus never said he was the son of God. So why is “son of Mary” explicitly added whenever anyone addresses him? Are they telling Jesus something he doesn’t already know?
ANSWER: Jesus was not “son of God” in the literal sense. Son of God as shown was/is a figurative expression of honor. The Bible is pregnant with sons and daughters of God –sons of God even came to earth and took the daughters of man for wives (see Jesus-Son of God).
“Son of Mary” is part of Jesus’ name; in fact Jesus was given three names –Messiah, Jesus, and son of Mary: “When the angels said: O Mary, surely Allāh gives thee good news with a word from Him (of one) whose NAME is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary”–Qur’an 3:44).
137. Does Allah really want the children of adulterers to grow up without their parents because they need to be executed?
ANSWER: Allāh/Islam does not require that adulterers be killed. This is the Jewish and Christian requirement. (See Islam-adultery & flogging ).
138. Does Allah really think public whipping is the most enlightened way to deal with those who have sex before marriage?
ANSWER: This whipping and in public is aimed more at shaming/disgracing and identifying the indiuvidual (see Islam-adultery & flogging).
139. Instead of the outdated method of four witnesses to adultery, why not just use DNA samples which non-Muslims invented?
ANSWER: (Will you give/volunteer DNA samples to the cops if you were under investigation and was guilty of murder?) They did not have DNA testing in seventh century Arabia and not for fourteen hundred years after. However, Islam does not oppose DNA but also requires it seeing that Islam is the religion of science and progress.
Paramountly, you need to know the significance behind the requirement of having four witnesses –which is meant more to protect the woman against slander (read Muhammad Ali’s explanation of this verse or see Islam-women).
Non-Muslims did NOT “invent” DNA. DNA is present in every creature and plant. Non-Muslims developed the science of using it.
DNA may have been identified in modern times by non-Muslims but more than a thousand years ago Hazrat ‘Ali, the fourth Caliph of Islam made mention of it. Speaking on the occasion of the people’s discussion as to the “causes of differences in features, habits and dispositions of people,” Hazrat ‘Ali explained: “In the very origin of human body lies the causes of these differences or similarities in dispositions and features”–Nahjul Balagha, sermon #238)
(A very interesting and enlightening television show on DNA evidence is “Forensic Files”).
140. Would you accept your husband’s right hand possessions (sex slaves) in your home?
ANSWER: Islam abolished slavery and also does not allow illicit sex (sex slaves). Sex-slaves is the Jewish and Christian allowance. (See Islam-slaves/slavery; Islam-concubinage; Christianity-sex slaves & prepubescent girls).
141. Why doesn’t the Qur’an actually say there are 5 declarations of faith? Did Muslims make these things up?
ANSWER: These five components of Islam –Unity of Allāh God, Prayer, Zakaat/Charity, Fasting, and Hajj– are clearly expressed in the Qur’an and observed by the Prophet Mohammad:
(1) Unity of Allāh: “Surely I am Allāh, there is no God but I, so serve Me, and keep up prayer for My remembrance”–(Qur’an 20:14); “And We sent no messenger before thee (Mohammad) but We revealed to him that there is no God but Me, so serve Me”–(21:25).
(2) Prayer/Salah: “And keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate (zakaat)”–(Qur’an 2:43, 110, 177; 1:114; 17:78; 20:130; 30:17-18).
(3) Zakaat/Charity: “And keep up prayer and pay zakaat”–(Qur’an 2:110). “(Zakåt) charity is only for the poor and the needy, and those employed to administer it, and those whose hearts are made to incline (to truth), and (to free) the captives, and those in debt, and in the way of Allåh and for the wayfarer — an ordinance from Allåh. And Allåh is Knowing, Wise”–(Qur’an 9:60. That this is compulsory charity/zakaat and not voluntary alms as Muhammad Ali points out “is shown by the concluding words an ordinance from Allāh”).
(4) Fasting: “O you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may guard against evil”–(Qur’an 2:183-185, 187).
(5) Hajj: “Certainly the first house appointed for men is the one at Bakkah (same as Makkah), blessed and a guidance for the nations. In it are clear signs: (It is) the Place of Abraham; and whoever enters it is safe; and pilgrimage to the House is a duty which men owe to Allāh — whoever can find a way to it”–(Qur’an 3:96-97. Hajj is the only Divinely instituted pilgrimage).
It is Christians, whom you (WikiIslam) are laboring to have Muslims ape, that made up their “declarations” of faith –Divinity of Jesus, inherited sin, and vicarious atonement. (See Jesus-inherited sin to ascension).
142. In the 7th century some Arab guy flew on a winged horse to Heaven and was told by God everyone needed to bow towards a cubical in the Saudi desert 5 times. Why should we believe this?
ANSWER: You do not “have to believe.” Allāh gives you the choice to believe or not. Mohammad’s duty was only to deliver the Message of the Qur’an not to enforce it.
You want Muslims to belieev that Jesus can ascend in a cloud to heaven (much like Buddha centuries before Jesus), and that he was “transfigured” on a mountain (just like Buddha was transfigured on Mount Pandava centuries before Jesus); that Balaam’s jackass can speak to Balaam and that Elijah went to heaven in a chariot of fire but you do not want Muslims to believe that Mohammad could “flew on a winged horse to Heaven.”–(Mark 16:19; Numbers 22:27-30; 2 Kings 2:11. For Buddha’s ascension and transfiguration read Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din, The Sources of Christianity, www.muslim.org).
(Regarding the Prophet Mohammad’s ascension to heaven, this journey seems to be spiritual. Qur’an 17:60 speaks of Allāh showing the Prophet “the vision,” not an actual sighting. And the Prophet said he was in a state between sleep and wakefulness when this event, Miraj, occurred–(Bokhari Vol. 4, #429). And Bokhari Vol. 9, #608 reports that three angels came to the Prophet while he was “SLEEPING” in the Ka’ba, and that when the Prophet saw them “HIS EYES WERE ASLEEP BUT HIS HEART WAS NOT –AND SO IS THE CASE WITH THE PROPHETS: THEIR EYES SLEEP WHILE THEIR HEARTS DO NOT SLEEP”; and at the end of the journey the Prophet then “WOKE” in the Ka’ba. This supports the view that the Mi’raj was a spiritual experience of the Prophet. This narration also says that the angels carried the Prophet to the Zam-Zam well, where Gabriel “cut open” the Prophet’s chest area and removed “all the material out of his chest and abdomen” and then washed the inside of his body with Zam-Zam water and then stuffed the Prophet’s “chest and throat blood vessels” with “belief and wisdom” and then closed the chest–(Bokhari Vol. 9, # 608). It may be advanced that since Mohammad was a Prophet and believed in Allāh why was it necessary to fill his body with belief? Also, wisdom and belief are not physical factors so as to require a physical insertion of them into the body. This seems to be another proof that the Mi’raj was a spiritual experience).
143. How do you know that the angel Muhammad was talking to was from Allah and was not Satan himself?
ANSWER: Can you show anything in the Qur’an that glorifies Satan? It is Christians who follow a “voice” that is unknown. They say that a “voice” came from heaven during Jesus’ baptism (God needs to be baptized?) saying “This is my beloved Son;” yet Jesus, their son of God and even “God,” says, and this is AFTER his baptism: “And the Father…Ye have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE at any time, NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE”–(Matt. 3:16-17; John 5:37. But Christians claim to have done both –heard God’s voice, and seen his shape as they say Jesus is God. Since the “voice” of God has never been heard to whom does this “voice” that came at Jesus’ baptism belong? Is it the “voice” of Satan? Who else but Satan has such power to mislead man?
144. Why does Allah curse people for plucking their eyebrows?
ANSWER: (Perhaps all good parents become upset when their children deliberately do a thing injurious to themselves). Apart from conveying expressions and beautifying our features, the main function of eyebrows is said to be to deflect sunlight, rain and debris from the eyes. Are you ashamed of your eyebrows that you need to “pluck” them?
145. Why does Allah love sneezing but hate yawning? Didn’t he know germs are spread via sneezing, while the body gets more oxygen when it yawns?
ANSWER: (Do you not know you are to shield your “sneeze” from flowing to others?) While sneezing removes bacteria or irritation from the nose. That yawning gives more oxygen to the body/brain is speculation. There does not seem to be any scientific findings why we “yawn.”
146. Why did Allah turn sabbath breakers into monkeys and pigs?
ANSWER: These transgressors were not turned into literal animals. (See Qur’an-evil verses item # 1, Allāh turned Jews into apes and swine)
147. Muhammad said that anyone who knows the 99 names of Allah will go to Heaven. Does this apply to non-Muslims who believe Muhammad was a warmongering fraud and a pedophile?
ANSWER: (You insult and ridicule the king and deny/question his sovereignity and want him to give you a room in his palace because you know his name. Nice try! Perhaps even a parrot can be taught the 99 names of Allah). Non-Muslims can believe whatever ill they like about Mohammad. Dignity lies in proving those ills.
Islam teaches that Allāh God raised messengers among all people and enjoned on them acts of devotion and gave them one common message: There is only One God; He alone is to be worshipped. Thus God is known by a name according to the language of the people.
Whereas non-Muslims may also believe in God, it is significant what one’s concept of God is. The Islamic concept of God is, as Allāh instructed the Prophet Mohammad to convey to mankind: “Say: He, Allah, is One. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten; And there is none like Him”–(Qur’an 112:1-4). And belief in Allāh means to believe in His Unity, and in all His Angels, Books/Revelations, and Messengers (from Adam to Mohammad), in the Resurrection and Judgment, and Heaven and Hell.
Prophet Mohammad taught that Allah has ninety-nine names –such as Rahman (Beneficent), Raheem (Merciful), etc;– and the one crowning name, Allah, making it a total of one hundred names. These names of Allah are to be honored for one to receive spiritual benefit.
While a non-Muslim may know these ninety-nine names of Allah and honor them only Muslims honor the name “Allah.” When we say “Allah” we are honoring Allah as the One and Only; the Eternal, Absolute; on Whom all depend; He begets not; nor is begotten; there is none like Him; He incarnates not; has no “chosen people” to the exclusion of others; needs no “satisfaction” to forgive sins; belief in all His Angels; Books; Prophets; Resurrection; Day of Judgment; Heaven and Hell.
That “Muhammad was a warmongering fraud and a pedophile.” See Islam-Religion of the sword; Mohammad-rapist, pedophile, looter, cripple.
148. Why did Muhammad change Qiblah?
ANSWER: Mohammad did not change the Qiblah, Allāh did –Allah changed it from Jerusalem to the Ka’bah in Makkah.
149. The closer we get to the North and South poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making the fourth Pillar of Islam impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Was Allah unaware of the poles and Eskimos?
ANSWER: At the North Pole and countries of long daylight hours Fasting can be shortened (see Fasting-reasons & benefits).
150. Why does Allah not accept the prayer of someone who farts?
ANSWER: (When/If you “fart” among company don’t you apologise and/or excuse yourself from the company until the odor subsides?) Prayer requires ceremonial purity. When we pray (salaat) we are in the presence of and speaking to Allāh. Thus if we “fart” we are to remove ourself (and make ablution, re-purify ourselves). Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
151. Why do Muslims build, or attempt to build, mega mosques in controversial places such as the London Olympic site, the New York ground zero, and outside the Vatican?
ANSWER: (Non-Muslims overthrow governments to build missile bases in Muslim countries and steal/control their oil and/or other resource).
Why are these places “controversial?” Doesn’t the Vatican wants to build Churches any place all over the world?
Islam teaches peace, love, truth, justice, equality and all the other lofty values, why then the objection against building Masjids on these sites –are the rabble-rousers opposed to these values? (See Danish cartoons & Christian critics).
152. Why do Muslims so often go on a violent rampage after friday prayers?
ANSWER: Because we are under occupation and our lands have been stolen and are subjected to grotesque and obscene treatments?
Because our Prophet has been vilified (though Muslims are to not go on “rampage” but are to challenge the vilifiers to prove their charge; Islam, the religion of reason, argument and examples, does not seek to silence voices, Islam seeks to enhance mentality: “Call to the way of Thy Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in the best manner”–Qur’an 16:125). There is no charge against Islam –Allāh, Prophet Mohammad and the Qur’an– that is not refutable. And have been refuted.
(As noted above, Allah enjoins: “Call to the way of Thy Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in the best manner”–Qur’an 16:125). Muslims do not have to lie and deceive to spread our religion. Our religion –Islam– is blessed with the Divine allure of reason; and its doctrines –Unity/Purity of God; Prayer; Zakaat/Charity; Fasting and Hajj– are clearly expressed in the Qur’an and observed by the Magnificent Messenger of Allāh –Mohammad.
It is Christians who lie and deceive to spread their religion. And they have assent for this from their God, Son of God and Paul, (see Allāh and Jesus or Paul; Bible corrupt & obsolete; Islam-and lying).
153. Muslims have to look down when they pray, because looking up towards “Heaven” during prayer will make them go blind. Have you or anyone ever witnessed this happening?
ANSWER: (Perhaps no one has “ever witnessed this happening” because they observed the precept to not look “towards “Heaven.””) It is a fact that the ultraviolet rays of the sun can cause short term as well as long term damage to the eyes. According to the Internet, depending on the intensity of the sun, “permanent damage to the retina has been shown to occur in ~100 seconds.” (And to know Islam taught us about this danger more than a thousand years ago).
154. Why can’t you simply say in your head “thanks Allah” instead of praying to Allah with gestures that don’t make any sense?
ANSWER: (Why can’t the President/Prime Minister take the oath of office without placing one hand on the Bible and raising the other? Your wife/mate knows you love her/him why do you yet tell her/him?)
When someone gives you something do you not say to him/her thank you? Why then can’t you verbalize your thanks to the One Who created you and gave you life?
These gestures do “make sense” they are declaring/demonstrating Allah to be Highest. Do people not bow to Her Majesty of England?
155. How come all the Islamic messengers of the Qur’an come from the Middle East? There are still unreached Indigenous people today in Latin America, Africa, Asia and Oceania – is it fair Allah ignores them?
ANSWER: Your ignorance of Allah is monumental. Allah raised messengers among all nations–(Qur’an 22:67); and He revealed to all His messengers that “there is no God but Me”–(Qur’an 21:25).
However, the people have corrupted Divine teachings. “By Allah! We certainly sent (messengers) to nations before thee (Mohammad), but the devil made their deeds fair-seeming to them”–(Qur’an 16:63). Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din points out in his Open Letters To The Bishops of Salisbury And London: “The whole world was a world of fetish worshippers at the appearance of Islam. From an eggshell to the man-worship of Christianity and Hinduism, the adoration that should go to God went to His creatures.” (p. 17).
And In his book Muhammad in World Scriptures, Vol. 1. Abdul Haque Vidyarthi states: “The condition in which the sacred scriptures of the world are found today, is really a harried one. These are, no doubt, the relics of those great Books that were given to the prophets of yore. No scripture of any religion was to be found in its original form and pristine purity at the time of the Holy Prophet’s (Mohammad) advent, nor is one found today. Such books, therefore, cannot prove the truth of religion, nay, their own prophets stand in need of vindication. A number of suspicions and misgivings have sprung up about the prophets, Zoroaster, Abraham, Krishna and Christ so much so that they are being looked upon as mere fictitious persons.”(p. 6)
Self-inflicted ignorance has no defence in the realm of Righteousness. “Like the devil when he says to man: Disbelieve. But when he disbelieves, he (the devil) says: I am free of thee: surely I fear Allah, the Lord of the worlds”–(Qur’an 59:16)
156. The Qur’an claims Satan misleads Muslims – so how can we trust Islamic scholars, or indeed any Muslim?
ANSWER: If you can show any of their teaching/saying that glorifies the devil, do NOT trust them.
157. Before reading and writing were invented (5000BC), what basis did Allah use to judge the people who died?
ANSWER: (It is doubtful they are already judged. There is only one Resurrection and Judgment). As already noted Allah raised up messengers among all people, even “Before reading and writing were invented.” Reason! –man will be judged by “reason.” Reason is the factor that separates us from, and elevates us above, the animals. One does not need to know to read and write to exercise “reason.”
-Reason dictates that objects fashioned by our hands cannot confer benefit and effect harm.
-Reason dictates that as no one can take food and drink and medication to relieve us of hunger and thirst and illness then no one can die for us.
-Reason dictates that as God is Just He would not charge one person for the crime of another (not even some human governments do this).
-Reason dictates that as God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient He does not have to incarnate Himself to accomplish His purpose.
-Reason dictates that as God is Just He would not chose people based on their race or nationality –factors in which we had no choice: factors He gave us.
-Reason dictates that Evolution cannot produce beings from a microscopic cell into beings of precision, symmetry, magnificence and excellence –create from a drop of semen and give perfect limbs and organs (for ingesting, digesting and evacuating, and a self-propelling heart); hearing (through a bone), sight (through fat) and speech (through a lump of flesh); faculties of reasoning and complimentary male and female genitals for reproducing, and give the woman as well as some animals milk for the newborn; give animals their capabilities such as sonar to the bat, venom to snakes, spiders to spin webs; create spirits; give trees the system of photosynthesis; having some creatures produce through eggs and some through pregnancy. One would have to throw “reason” out the window to subjugate oneself to such beliefs. And God calls man to ‘reason”: “Come now, and let us REASON together, saith the Lord”–(Isaiah 1:18); “Call to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and argue with them in the best manner”–(Qur’an 16:125).
158. Why do you deny the prophecies of Mirza Ghulam Ahmed, Bahá’u’lláh, and Rashad Khalifa?
ANSWER: Anyone can make prophecies; even false Christs as Jesus (the God and Son of God you want Muslims to mutilate our intelligence and follow) says. What prophecies have these individuals make?
159. Michael H. Hart, the Jewish American author of “The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History”, claims the 2 reasons he decided Muhammad deserved the number 1 spot was because of his success as a warlord, and because he himself wrote the Qur’an and made-up all of Islam’s theology and laws. Do you agree with these claims? If not, do you still feel proud of his placing?
ANSWER: Mohammad does not need any human citation to verify his lofty status. That Mohammad was a “warlord” is perhaps the most preposterous charge against him; and that Mohammad “wrote” the Qur’an is a subjugation of reason and perhaps the ultimate of one’s ignorance of Islam. (See Islam-Religion of the sword; Mohammad-wrote the Qur’an).
160. Why do Muslim apologists claim the hijab is only cultural when critics point out that it is oppressive to women, but then claim it is a religious obligation when governments attempt to ban it?
ANSWER: Islam does not need apologists –there is nothing in Islam for Muslims to apologize. The Muslim woman’s hijab (head-cover) and jalaba (overcoat) are an identification –to distinguish the Muslim woman from other women– and a mark of devotion and of distinction, of being the exalted nation–(Qur’an 33:59; 24:31; 2:143; 3:110).
There is no woman more beautiful than she who vests herself for the love of Allāh. (See Hijab).
161. If women observing hijab is deemed by Islamic logic necessary to prevent a woman arousing lust in a man, why are men also not enjoined to wear a burqa to prevent women and homosexuals from lusting after them?
ANSWER: The Hijab is not “to prevent a woman arousing lust in a man” (even her face can be enough for this; yet Allah/Islam does not require her to cover her face). For the Hijab see item #160.
Muslim men also have a dress code –to cover the area from, and including, the navel to the knees and half of the chest.
QUESTIONS FOR SUNNI MUSLIMS
The following are questions that WikiIslam asks Sunni Muslims: And our “answer.”
1. Why didn’t Muhammad appoint a leader before his death to avoid Shi’ites and other sects splitting up from Sunnis?
ANSWER: There is no hereditary succession to the “throne” in Islam. Islam is a “democracy.” Leadership is chosen by consensus, of the one most worthy. Sunnis and Shi’ites are “split” because of their arrogance/ignorance/stupidity. (See Islam & democracy; Islam-sectism among Muslims; Islam-Sunnis & Shi’ahs).
2. Why do some of you try to distance yourself from Salafis (or “Wahhabis”) in front of non-Muslims, when they are the most pious Sunni Muslims? Are you ashamed of the Salaf (first 3 generations of Muslims)?
ANSWER: Whatever is in accordance with the teachings of Islam we accept; whatever contradicts we reject.
3. Why do you criticize Shi’ites for Mut’ah when Sunnis practice Misyar which is essentially the same thing?
ANSWER: Mut’ah (temporary marriage). Since Islam teaches that marriage is a sacred contract (a matter that is sacred is not to be taken frivolously); that spouses are to wait three months before divorce (all avenues of conciliation is to be explored before divorce); that the father must support off-spring(s); and that divorce is a most shameful deed –there could be no “temporary marriage” in Islam.
“Temporary marriage” allowed among early Muslims was now prohibited by Qur’anic injunctions. Muhammad Ali has noted in his The Religion of Islam: “The evils that prevailed in Arabia were not touched until the Prophet received a Divine revelation, but when a reform was introduced after a Divine revelation, it was impossible that the Prophet himself should have allowed the evil again.” (p.591). There are reports of the Prophet while initially allowing temporary marriage, later forbade it–(Bokhari Vol. 7, #’s 50, 51, 52).
Misyar (secret marriage). This practice in which the husband keeps a second current marriage secret from his wife is un-Islamic. Allāh says to hold to family ties–(Qur’an 4:1). Keeping children (and in-laws) apart is NOT holding to family ties. These children may also unknowingly intermarry, it is un-Islamic for a brother to marry his sister–(Qur’an 4:23). Also, a son might unknowingly marry his father’s widow/ex-wife, which is un-Islamic (or a son of his first wife might unknowingly marry his father’s widow/ex-wife from his “secret” marriage)–(Qur’an 4:22).
4. If Shi’ites are wrong, why did Allah allow Ali and his Shi’ite army to defeat the Sunnis at three separate battles of Bassorah, Siffin and Nahrawan?
ANSWER: The pagan Arabs persecuted Mohammad, tried to assassinate him, forced him into exile and pursued him to Madinah to kill him, does this mean that Mohammad was wrong and the Pagan Arabs were right?
Muslims were also defeated in the first battle of Uhud; does this mean that the Prophet was wrong and the Pagan Arabs were right?
However, Sunnis and Shi’ites are both wrong to sectify themselves and even fight/kill one another; they defy Allāh and His noble Messenger and polarize themselves and even kill one another and yet expect Allāh to give them Jannh. They must be the biggest “maroons” in creation.
QUESTIONS FOR SHI’ITES MUSLIMS
The following are questions that WikiIslam asks Shi’ites Muslims: And our “answer.”
1. If Allah wanted Ali to be the substitute after Muhammad, why did he fail in his plan?
ANSWER: Allāh, the Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent, NEVER fails in His plans. “If Allah wanted Ali to be the substitute after Muhammad;” without doubt Prophet Mohammad would have clearly expressed this.
2. Why do some of you slice children’s foreheads with a blade on Ashura? Isn’t this child abuse?
ANSWER: (While this is not an Islamic requirement Rather than it being a “slice” seems it is only a controlled nick). Have you interviewed the children to know if they consented to have this done to them? This slice on the forehead is hardly anything compared to the “slice” of circumcision (and even without anesthetic) which Jews and Christians and perhaps others underwent/undergo; and which even the Christian God, Jesus, underwent.
Women’s ears are pierced worldwide (and even without anesthetic). And the “pricks” of tattooing needles are perhaps even more painful.
QUESTIONS FOR AHMADIS
The following are questions that WikiIslam asks Ahmadis And our “answer.”
1. Which death is more humiliating for a prophet of Islam; being crucified or dying of diarrhea in a public toilet?
ANSWER: Mirza Ghulam Ahmad –whom the Qadiani group of Ahmadis claims was a prophet whereas the Lahori group says he was only a reformer/mujaddid– is said to have died from abdominal ailment. So now a person is ridiculed because of the manner in which he dies –and no one can tell when and where and how he will die. (Suicide is not death: it is self-homicide).
While all prophets were Muslims and taught Islam, Jesus was not “crucified” (did not die) on the cross (or pole, as Jehovah’s Witnesses say Jesus was put on a pole). (See Jesus-inherited sin to ascension).
The Prophet Mohammad is reported as saying: “He (a Muslim) who dies of an abdominal disease is a martyr, and he who dies of plague is a martyr”–(Bokhari Vol. 7, #629). Thus Mirza Ghulam Ahmad may already be enjoying the bliss of Paradise. (Muslims who engage in sectism need to read Islam-sectism among Muslims).
While “dying of diarrhea in a public toilet” may be “more humiliating” than being “crucified.” For the “Son of God” and even God as Christians say Jesus is God, and who had all power to lay down his life and take it up again, for Jesus to pray pitifully like a wimp (as the Gospels depict him) to be spared from death and to blaspheme from the cross/pole that God had “forsaken” him must be the blackest degree of disgrace ever exampled by a “Son of God” in Scriptural history.
Not even Jonas, who was no “Son of God,” behaved so dis-gracefully as the Christian’s Son of God and God. But instead prayed graciously in the fish’s belly–(Jonah 2:1-10).
Not even the Jews of 1400’s Vienna behaved so disgracefully as the Christian’s Son of God and God. But instead were honorable, choosing the Christian’s “furnace of fire” than bow to the useless and unGodly crucifix: in Vienna “hundreds of Jews were burned alive in 1421 for refusing to convert to Christianity.” (Toronto Star, Sat; Sept; 8, 2007; p. AA2; Pontiff shows…by Tracy Wilkinson).
While the human Mirza Ghulam Ahmad’s dying in a “public toilet,” which he had no control over, may have been “humiliating,” the Christian’s Son of God and God’s grotesque utterance of blasphmey, of which he had control over, is monumentally disgraceful; and enshrined in the Christian’s Holy Book. (Please note, this is the Christian’s Jesus; for the Muslim’s Jesus read the Qur’an).
2. Why do you claim there are 200 million of you when in reality there are only 10 million Ahmadis worldwide?
ANSWER: Did you or anyone count them?
3. Considering Ahmadis believe only they are true Muslims, does it surprise you that you’ve been declared non-Muslims by Muslims the world-over?
ANSWER: There are varying degrees of being “Muslim” depending on one’s observance of its obligations/precepts. The first stage/degree of being a Muslim is acceptance that “There is no God but Allah; Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah” (which is personally rendered as I bear witness there is no God but Allah; and I bear witness Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah).
QUESTIONS FOR QUR’ANISTS
The following are questions that WikiIslam asks Qur’anists: And our “answer.”
1. Why do you deny the hadith? Is it because you are ashamed of your prophet?
ANSWER: As shown on various pages on our site, there is nothing about Mohammad that Muslims are to be ashamed of. Muslims who deny or do not accept Hadith would not know the history of Islam or its personlities. (See Hadith & Salah-why believe in).
2. Does it bother you that even without the hadith, the Qur’an sanctions pedophilia, domestic abuse, and many other crimes? Shouldn’t you embrace your apostasy and get rid of the Qur’an?
ANSWER: As shown on this site there is NO pedophilia in the Qur’an or Hadith.. Also, as shown on this site there is no “domestic abuse, and many other crimes” in the Qur’an/Islam.
To apostatize from Islam to any other religion is like giving up the superior of an item for an inferior one. Christianity, which you (WikiIslam) is desperately clamoring to have Muslims follow, is the worst of the other religions; even Hinduism is superior to Christianity. (See the various religions).
Muslims need to learn Islam. As shown, Christianity –Trinity, inherited sin and vicarious atonement– is lies, falsehood and blasphemy: Jesus as he declared was a Jewish tribal prophet who considered non-Jews as “dogs” and “swine” and preached in parables to keep these metaphorical dogs” and “swine” out of heaven (the real dogs and swine are the ones running around on all-fours going arf! arf! and oink! oink!) and he taught that heaven lies in observing the Mosaic Law until the arrival of the Comforter (Mohammad) who will guide into “all truth” and will “abide for ever.”
Only the peripheral Muslim and the unthinking would embrace the useless and unGodly crucifix.
3. Why do some of you accept the hadiths that make Muhammad look good and reject the ones that make him look bad? Do you enjoy being intellectually dishonest?
ANSWER: There is nothing in the Hadith (or Qur’an) that makes Mohammad “look bad.” Mohammad taught according to the Qur’an. Whatever contradicts with the Qur’an is to be discarded. As already noted in Answering WikiIslam-1, even in his lifetime sayings were forged in the name of the Prophet.
4. The historical evidence for Muhammad is found in the hadith and sirat. If you do not accept these sources, how do you know your prophet ever existed?
ANSWER: Because Allāh tells us so in His Qur’an.
5. If you reject the hadith, you lose the whole context and order of the Qur’anic revelations. So is there no compulsion in religion or do you have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them?
ANSWER: As you know the “whole context and order of the Qur’anic revelations” why do you yet try to argue that there is “compulsion” in Islam and that Muslims “have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them”? “Do you enjoy being intellectually dishonest?”
That Muslims “have to slay the idolaters wherever you find them” Allāh says in His Qur’an 4:91. “You will find others who desire to be secure from you and secure from their own people. Whenever they are made to return to hostility, they are plunged into it. So if they withdraw not from you, nor offer you peace and restrain their hands, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them. And against these We have given you a clear authority.” To which Muhammad Ali explains: “By mischief, or fitnah, is meant war with the Muslims (Rz). Two tribes, Asad and Ghatfan, came to the Muslims and showed an inclination to remain at peace, but when they went back and their people invited them to join them in fighting with the Muslims, they responded to the call. Such people could not be trusted. The importance of these directions in time of war, when the Muslims were hemmed in on all sides by enemies, can hardly be overestimated.”
Didn’t America and Allies bombed Iraq and Libya and are chasing after Taliban (though these did not war with America and Allies) and are flying to the other end of the world to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, and Yemen to stem “enemy combatants” from reaching their soil whereas Mohammad was faced with annihilation by “enemy combatants” in his very presence and on his own soil?
And Mohammad was no compeller, no transgressor, no occupier, no exploiter, no oppressor; all he did was preach; and preach for the “enemy combatants” own moral, social, intellectual and spiritual elevation.
6. Why do you believe the Qur’an is the uncorrupted word of God, when the narrators of corrupted hadith are the same people who passed down the Qur’an?
ANSWER: (The Qur’an was NOT “passed down” to us by “the narrators of corrupted hadith”). The Qur’an was memoroized and written down upon its revelation, and the Angel Gabriel rehearsed it yearly with Prophet Mohammad and twice in the last year of the Prophet’s life–(Bokhari Vol.4, #819). And Allah says He will guard the Qur’an from “corruption”–(Qur’an 15:9; 56:77-80; 85:21-22), and there are thousands if not millions of Muslims who know the Qur’an from memory (which no other religionists can claim). (Muhammad Ali has dealt at length on the purity of the Qur’an in his preliminary notes to his translation of the Qur’an which can be viewed online: www.muslim.org. Muslims who do not believe in Hadith need to read Hadith & Salah-why believe in).
In contrast, let WikiIslam prove that the Bible, which he so desperately wants Muslims to ape and parrot, was not corrupted. (For corruption of the Bible, see Bible corrupt & obsolete).
7. The Qur’an never explain how to offer salat. Who taught you how to pray?
ANSWER: Allāh says those who bow down (make ruku) and prostrate (make sujood) will receive a mighty reward–(Qur’an 9:111-112). In the natural order one stands then bows then prostrates. (The Angel Gabriel was instructed by Allāh to teach the Prophet how to pray–Bokhari Vol.1, #500; Vol.4, #444, Muslim Vol. 1, #1268).
8. The Qur’an says there should be 3 daily prayers. Who told you to pray 5 times?
ANSWER: Allāh revealed the timings of the five daily prayers–(Qur’an 4:103-104; 11:114; 17:78; 20:130; 30:17-18. See Muhammad Ali comm; to Qur’an 4:103; 17:78; 30:18). Here are the five daily prayers as Allah instructs us in His Qur’an (and practised by the Prophet Mohammad):
(1) “Prayer indeed has been enjoined on the believers at fixed times”–(Qur’an 4:103). The timing of these prayers were fixed by the Prophet Mohammad under Divine Guidance; and to obey the Prophet is to obey Allah
(2) “And keep up prayer at the two ends of the day and in the first hours of the night”–(Qur’an 11:114). Muhammad Ali comments: “The times of prayer are clearly indicated in this verse. Of the two ends of the day, the first is the Fajr, or the prayer before sunrise, and the second includes the Zuhr, or the early afternoon, and the ‘Asr, or the later afternoon, prayers. In the first hours of the night we have the Maghrib, or the after sunset prayer, and the ‘Isha’, or the prayer before going to bed.” (Emphasis, underline added).
(3) “Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur’an at dawn. Surely the recital of the Qur’an at dawn is witnessed”–(Qur’an 17:78). Muhammad Ali comments: “From the declining of the sun to sunset are two prayers, i.e., the Zuhr and ‘Asr, or the early afternoon and later afternoon prayers, while from sunset till darkness there are two others, i.e., the Maghrib and the ‘Isha’, or the sunset prayer and the prayer at nightfall. The fifth is the morning prayer, which is called here the Qur’an al-fajr, or the recital of the Qur’an at dawn. Thus this verse, which is one of the very early revelations, mentions all the five prayers. It should be noted that the four prayers from zuhr to ‘isha’ are mentioned together because they follow each other after small intervals, while the fifth, the morning prayer, which comes after a long interval, is mentioned separately. The name Qur’an al-fajr given to it is an indication that there is usually a lengthy recitation of the Qur’an in it. This recitation is called mashh∂d or witnessed, as there is greater concentration of mind at that time.” (Emphasis, underline added).
(4) “So bear patiently what they say, and celebrate the praise of thy Lord before the rising of the sun and before its setting, and glorify (Him) during the hours of the night and parts of the day, that thou mayest be well pleased–(Qur’an 20:130). Muhammad Ali: “This verse speaks of the five obligatory prayers and the two optional ones. Before the rising of the sun is the dawn prayer, before its setting the ‘asr prayer. Three prayers, the maghrib, the ‘isha’ and the tahajjud (the last named being optional), occur during the hours of the night, while during parts of the day are the zuhr and the duha, the latter again being optional, being a short prayer in the early forenoon.” (Emphasis, underline added).
(5) “So glory be to Allåh when you enter the evening and when you enter the morning. And to Him be praise in the heavens and the earth, and in the afternoon, and when the sun declines”–(Qur’an 30:17-18). Muhammad Ali: “The five times of prayer are clearly indicated in this and the previous verse, the evening prayer comprising both the prayer at sunset and the later evening prayer. The five times of prayer were observed at Makkah, and places at which the Muslims gathered for prayers are mentioned in reports relating to very early days of the Prophet’s mission.” (Muhammad Ali’s translation of the Qur’an can be viewed online: www.muslim. org).
The Muslim format of prayer –standing, bowing, and prostrating (which is the ultimate in physical glorification of our Creator)– was enjoined by Allah–(Bokhari Vol. 4, #444; Muslim Vol. 1, #’s 1268-1269). This format of prayer is unique to Muslims and distinguishes Muslims from other religionists. This most sublime form of the Muslim worship (with their faces on the ground) is the manner in which prophets of Allāh God worshipped:
1. Abraham “fell on his face”–(Gen. 17:3).
2. Joshua “fell on his face to the earth and did worship”–(Josh. 5:14).
3. Elijah “cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees”–(Kings 18:42).
4. Moses and Aaron “fell upon their faces”–(Numbers 20:6).
5. Balaam “bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face”–(Num; 22:31).
6. Jesus “fell on his face and prayed”–(Matthew 26:39).
7. Even “beasts fell down and worshipped God”–(Rev. 19:4).
9. The Qur’an mentions Abu Lahab. Without referencing “corrupted” hadith, please tell us who is he and why does Allah hate him?
ANSWER: The Qur’an (chapter 111) does NOT say that Allāh “hate” Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab was an inveterate enemy of the Prophet who sought the destruction of the Prophet. (See Muhammad Ali comm; to this chapter. MA’s translation of the Qur’an can be viewed online: www.muslim.org).
10. Is it upsetting knowing that most Muslim thinks you follow an obscure cult and that you’re a non-Muslim?
ANSWER: A Muslim is one who believes in Allāh and the Messengership of Mohammad; such a one cannot be deemed a “non-Muslim. In fact, to call a believer in Allāh a “non-Muslim” is a grave sin. (See Islam-sectism among Muslims).
11. One can be a Muslim their entire life without ever meeting a “Qur’anist”. So why are there so many of you on the net?
ANSWER: Because they can meet on the Internet?. Where do you suggest they meet.
12. Why accuse the Sunnis and Shi’ites, who’ve been following hadith for 1000+ years, of innovation, when it’s you who’s the innovator?
ANSWER: Please explain in what way they are the “innovator.”
13. What did Muhammad look like? How many wives did he have and what were their names? What were the names of his children? How old was he when he first received his prophethood? When and how did he die? Do you even know anything about your prophet?
ANSWER: It may be argued that these are irrelevant. What is significant is that they believe in Mohammad and follow the Divine Message.
Do you (and those who claim to see Jesus in dreams) know what Jesus look like that you are seeking to have Muslims follow him? (Please do not give us the Church’s cockamamie “Europeanized” description of Jesus. See Jesus-seen in dreams).
14. Why do you accept the revelations given to someone who you know nothing about?
ANSWER: It may be argued that it is not the messenger but the Message that is of utmost significance. Why do you want Muslims to follow Jesus whom you “know nothing about”?
15. Did you know that Rashad Khalifa was a lying pedophile and rapist?
ANSWER: So what? Muslims practice of Islam is not dependent upon following Rashad Khalifa or what he was. Doesn’t the Biblical God, and as Christians say that Jesus is God then Jesus, allows His devotees to take prepubescent virgin girls as sex slaves, raping them? And you want Muslims to abandon Allah and worship Jesus (or preferably follow atheism). (See Christianity-sex slaves & prepubescent girls).
16. If you don’t accept the history behind the compilation of the Qur’an, what makes it different from any other poorly written Medieval text? How do you know that (like The True Furqan) it’s not an old parody?
ANSWER: If you can prove that the Qur’an is “a poorly written Medieval text” and “an old parody” we will follow that which you follow, but as you cannot do so –and no one else can– why do you not “embrace your apostasy” (from whatever you follow) and follow the Qur’an? You can deny the existence of God but we challenge you to disprove the existence of God (Allāh God has established His existence through the Qur’an, see Qur’an-prophecies; Qur’an-science).
QUESTIONS FOR BAHA’IS
The following are questions that WikiIslam asks Baha’is: We have “answered” only those questions that Bahais claim have a bearing on Islam. (For our response to Bahais/Bahaism see Baha’is & Baha’ullah.
1. Two alternative Baha’i organizations have been sued by the Baha’i Faith organization for using the word “Baha’i” to describe their beliefs. That’s like the Catholic Church suing Protestants for calling themselves “Christians”. Do you agree that this makes your faith look ridiculous and petty?
2. You believe that eventually all people and nations should come under the theocratic rule of the infallibly inspired Baha’i Universal House of Justice. How is this any different than the Caliphate and Shari’ah?
ANSWER: Unlke the Bahais man-made “Universal House of Justice,” Shari’ah is the Divine-crafted system for all facets of human living. There is no system on the face of earth that is more equitable and just than Shari’ah. (See Islam-Shari’ah).
3. In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) Baha’u’llah limits the number of wives to 2, but he had 3 wives. Why believe in such a hypocrite?
4. Bahá’u’lláh was a polygamist who allowed men to have up to 2 wives, so why is polygamy forbidden by Baha’i law?
5. In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) Baha’u’llah commands that a thief should have a visible mark put on his forehead after the third offense. Why do you consider this man to be the greatest Manifestation of God?
6. In the Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book) sodomy is forbidden. Why is this?
7. Being such a new faith, you’d expect it to incorporate many liberal ideals. So why are homosexual relationships forbidden and homosexuality seen as a handicap that should be treated? Was Baha’u’llah a homophobe?
8. Abdu’l Baha and Shoghi Effendi are both infallible, so why can’t they decide if Confucius was or was not a Manifestation?
9. You believe all the greatest faiths founded by Manifestations differ only in non-essential aspects of their doctrines. Even a cursory glance at the doctrines of the major world religions will tell you this is false. So why do you believe this?
10. If Baha’u’llah is the apex of all previous Manifestations, why can’t he walk on water or split the moon?
11. According to your faith, each Manifestation is more perfect than the previous one, but do you honestly believe Muhammad’s teachings are superior to Christ’s or Buddha’s?
ANSWER: On our site we have shown that the Qur’an consists of the teachings of previous prophets that are applicable to all time, and contains teachings that are not met with in previous scriptures. Thus, the teachings of Mohammad consists of, exceeds, and supersedes all previous prophets. Christ’s and Buddha’s included. (See Jesus-absurd doctrines; Jesus-no peace and joy; Jesus-Prince of peace).
12. Why do you think Muhammad was so great, when his followers are killing you? Doesn’t this suggest that there’s something wrong with his teachings?
ANSWER: Do you blame Jesus Christ for the Christian priests sodomizing young boys? (See Internet). Did Jesus teach them this?
13. Buddha was a monotheist and a prophet?
14. You believe Manifestations are all sinless. Moses, Abraham and others would disagree. Who are we to believe; them or your obscure beliefs?
ANSWER: (Give examples that they were not “sinless”). As prophets only say and do as Allāh instructs them then they are all “sinless”–(Qur’an 3:160; 21:25-27). Allāh recounts in His Qur’an 28:15 Moses coming to the aid of one of his people and unintentionally killing the assailant. Moses could hardly be charged as having sinned for this unintentional death of the assailant (who might have killed his victim). Moreover, Moses was not then a prophet when this incident occurred. (For Abraham and Joseph alleged lying see Why I am not a Muslim-Ibn Warraq, item #170).
15. In “Baha’u’llah and the New Era” (official Baha’i text) Abdu’l Baha (“Slave of Baha”, the infallible guide and eldest son of Baha’u’llah) stated that the Kingdom of God would be established on earth by 1957. Where is it, and why has this statemant been removed from the 1970 republication?
16. Bab declared Mirza Yahya (Baha’u’llah’s brother) as his successor and presented Baha’u’llah as an inferior. Why do Baha’is suppress this fact?
17. If Baha’is are so peaceful, why was the faith founded on violence and assassinations between supporters of Mirza Yahya and Baha’u’llah?
18. You believe Christianity was perverted during the first century (as per Shoghi Effendi’s claim). Isn’t this hypocritical coming from a faith that suppresses source materials and revises the writings of deceased authors in futile attempts to make your beliefs match historical reality?
19. Abdu’l Baha “excommunicated” practically all his closest relatives and deprived them of their income from Baha’u’llah’s estate after his fathers death. Do you agree that your infallible guide was a cruel and heartless individual?
20. Based on the example set by the infallible Abdu’l Baha, Covenant-breakers (heretics and apostates) are often treated unkindly and ostracized by other Baha’is. So what makes your faith any better than mainstream Islam?
ANSWER: “Mainstream Islam” (read “mainstream” Muslims) is not Islam. One group of Muslims may be “treated unkindly and ostracized” by other Muslims but Allah/Islam requires us to give justice even if it be against one’s own self; to keep good relations even with pagan parents; and to not polarize ourselves into sects –Allah will show us the truth of the matter wherein we differ.
As shown on this site there is no religion superior to, or equal with, Islam; and no system more equitable and just than Shari’ah.
1. For a refutation of these critics see:
Ali Sina-challenges & Mohammad
Why I am not a Muslim-Ibn Warraq
Nonie Darwish-Now They Call Me Infidel
Nonie Darwish-Cruel and Usual Punishment
(Allah) A God who hates-by Wafa Sultan
The Trouble with Islam-Irshad Manji
The End of Faith-Sam Harris
Botros, Father Zakaria dissects the Qur’an
Botros, Father Zakaria ten demands
2. Yusuf, Ali, Qur’anic comm. #663.
3. Vienna, “hundreds of Jews were burned alive in 1421 for refusing to convert to Christianity,” Toronto Star, Sat; Sept; 8, 2007; p. AA2; Pontiff shows…by Tracy Wilkinson.