In the name of Allāh,
the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Peace and Blessings of Allāh on Mohammad.
Allāh–the Glorious and the High,
Lord of the worlds
Mohammad–who brought the world
to our feet and eternity to our arms.
JESUS–LOVE YOUR ENEMIES
1. As prophet of God it is without doubt that Jesus gave honorable teachings. But lofty teachings do not make him greater than other prophets (or make him Divine) as Christians believe.
Jesus says: “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same?” (Matthew 5:44-46. Comments on the other statements of Jesus, bless them that curse you, etc; done separately. Please see related topics).
As prophet of God, it is expected that Jesus would give honor-able doctrines. But to what degree is one to “love” his enemies? If unlimited, then
-the Allies of World War II should not have creamed Germany into submission but should have “loved” (and bless and pray for) Hitler to fly his Swastika over all Europe;
-Britain should not have sailed half way around the globe to boot Argentina off the “disputed” Falklands Island, Britain should have “loved” (and blessed and prayed for) Argentina to lord over the Falklands, (and should have even thrown in Wales to the Argentines);
-America should not be hounding after Saddam Hussein and Talibans and Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yem-en, America should be “loving” (and blessing and praying for) Saddam and Talibans and Al-Qaeda to have a “blast” (pun intended) all over her lands, (though Saddam and Talibans did not transgress against America and Allies).
While one extends love to an enemy with the expectation that the enemy would change for the better; to extend unconditional “love” to incorrigible offenders is not “love” but stupidity. There is also tough “love” as can be exampled from parents trying to reform a recalcitrant child. Love is not only gentle; love also has a stern face.
Significantly, not even Jesus practiced his preaching of “love” of enemies. Whereas Jesus tells others to love their enemies; Jesus ordered that his enemies be brought to him and slain: “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me”–(Luke 19:27. Even though these enemies may not militate against him). Clearly, to say one thing and do the opposite is hypocrisy.
And hypocrisy leads to Hell-fire, as Jesus told the Jews who devour the widows’ houses and make pretentious long prayers in Matt. 23:14: “Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES …therefore YE SHALL RECEIVE THE GEREATER DAMNATION.” This would mean that, according to his own pronouncement, Jesus is going to hell for being hypocritical –telling people to love their enemies whereas he ordered that his enemies be brought and slain.
Jesus even sends fire and sword and division on earth and between family members (people who may not be his enemies): “I am come to send FIRE on the earth;” Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth, Nay; but rather DIVISION: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; and the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law;” “Think NOT that I am come to send peace on earth: I came NOT to send peace, but a SWORD”–(Luke 12:49, 51-53; Matt. 10:34). “If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple”–(Luke 14:26). (Please note this is the Christians’ Jesus, for the Muslims’ Jesus read the Qur’an).
In contrast, Mohammad forgave his rabid enemies of twenty-three grueling years who persecuted him, tortured his followers,1 besieged him, tried to assassinate him, forced him into exile, pursue and warred on him: “It is related that the Prophet took hold of the two sides of the gate of the Ka'ba on the day of the conquest of Makkah and said to the Quraish: How do you think I should treat you? They said: We hope for good, a noble brother and the son of a noble brother. Then he said: I say as my brother Joseph said: “No reproof be against you this day” (Rz)” No inquisition. No incrimination. No confession. No rancor. Only lofty words of benevolence and nobility -"No reproof be against you this day"! 2
Mohammad even forgave the horrid Hind; the woman who is said to have cut open the body of his uncle, Hamza, as he lay dying on the battlefield and ripped out his liver and chewed it.3
Mohammad also prayed for his dead enemy, saying: “if I knew that if I asked forgiveness for him more than seventy times, he would be forgiven, I would ask it for more times than that”–(Qur’an 9:84, 113. Bokhari Vol. 6, # 193, 194). Such is the expanse of the mercy and magnanimity of this wonderful man Mohammad. Now that is “love your enemies” (and blessing and praying for them that persecute you).
2. The Christian claims that whereas Jesus told his followers to be prepared because unbelievers would persecute and put them on trial–(Matt. 10:16-19); the Prophet Mohammad instructed his followers to kill the unbelievers wherever they find them and to besiege them, etc;–(Qur’an 9:5; 9:29).
Matthew 10:16-19 states: “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues …”
True, Christians were persecuted and killed for their beliefs(though Jesus did not claim Divineness and did not teach inherited sin and vicarious atonement as his later supposed followers believe and teach). (And Muslims were bombed, massacred, and mined4 in PALESTINE and expelled because of their beliefs/race and, with Christian help, had their land stolen and given to Jews and for more than six torturous decades are being persecuted; Bosnian Muslims were massacred by Chris-tians [flashing their three-finger Trinity salute] and thousands of women and young girls were raped; Muslims are also being massacred for their beliefs in Myanmar/Burma, and attacked in Sri Lanka).
Whereas Christ told his followers that they will be persecuted, those who professed to follow Christ did worse than persecute others: they “holocausted” “six million” Jews during WWII, and incinerated alive hundreds in 1400’s Vienna for their refusal to adulterate their Sacred Sheema –Purity and Perfection of God-head, much like the Muslim’s Holy Kalima– and kiss the useless and unGodly crucifix.5 Christians also rampaged throughout the world:
“From the dawn of Christianity until today every country of the world has been soaked with blood in the name of Jesus Christ. The Romans and the Byzantines of old as well as the European peoples of modern times are guilty of shedding blood in religious causes. The Crusades were launched and their fires fanned by Christians, not by Muslims. For hundreds of years, one army after another rolled out of Europe in the direction of the Muslim Orient to fight, to destroy, and to shed blood. In every case, the popes who claimed to be the vicars of Jesus Christ, blessed and encouraged these armies and hurried them to Jerusalem and other destinations…This century has indeed seen the same darkness as did the Middle Ages. Lord Allenby, representing the allied forces of England, France, Italy, Rumania, and America, stopped in Jerusalem in 1918 after his conquest of that city toward the end of the first World War and said: “Today the Crusades have come to an end.””6
While Jesus admonished his followers to be on guard for persecutors he also gave them permission to tell lies in order to be spared from being sent to prison, and which lies have the potential to lead to the “persecution” of others and even to send them to the gallows; Jesus exhorted his followers to “Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison”–(Matt.5:25. Perhaps this is what Christian Europe was doing during WWII in turfing out Jews over to the Nazis –following Jesus’ dictum and agreeing with their adversary lest they be thrown in jail).
This injunction of Jesus gives Christians a hole so big to accommodateevery conceivable lie and deception and for any situation that the battleships Iowa Jima and Lincoln can sail side by side through it. And with mega space to spare. With this permission Christians, as stated, can even frame an innocent person all the way to the executioner’s needle just so they would not be thrown in jail. (See ISLAM ALLOWS TORTURE).
(Sure the Bible says not to bear false witness, but clearly this is superseded by Jesus (who is said to be son of God and even “God”) for “Christians” to have no borders when it comes to saving their hide.
In fact, when it comes to saving the Christian’s hide from being tossed into jail the Christian’s son of God (and God) gives him and her full license to lie through his gums to even send his/her mother down the creek, and without any paddle. And Jesus came some five hundred years after Moses.
Perhaps Jesus got this permission to license his follo-wers to lie from the Biblical God (and even from Him-self as Christians say Jesus is God) Who engaged in “lying.” In 1 Kings chapter 22, King Ahab wanted to know if he would be successful in the battle of Ramoth-gilead. Confused, because he was getting conflicting answers from his “prophets,” King Ahab summoned Micaiah, even though he disliked Micaiah because the latter does not give him favorable answers. Micaiah prophesied that king Ahab would be killed and the Israelites defeated–(22:17). This upset King Ahab. He wanted to know how it is that he gets conflicting answers from his prophets and Micaiah. Micaiah replied that he had a vision of the Court of God about God asking which one of his spirits will tell King Ahab that he must go to battle and be killed. The spirits all came up with one story or the other to convince King Ahab. Then one clever spirit elected to do the job by being a “lying spirit in the mouth of all these prophets. And he (God) said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth and do so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a LYING spirit in the mouth of all these prophets, and the LORD hath spoken EVIL concerning thee”–(1 Kings 22:17-22). Incidentally,Micaiah was sent to prison for his prophecy. King Ahab was killed in accordance with the decree of God as prophesied by Micaiah).
Whereas Jesus admonished his people to “beware” of their enemies, Mohammad’s followers were actually tortured by their enemies for their beliefs; and Mohammad and his followers were, for twenty-three grueling years, persecuted, besieged, exiled, pursued and warred on. Yet, as noted above, Mohammad, upon his triumph over these rabid enemies, forgave them. And forgave them unconditionally: “No reproof be against you this day”
Regarding Qur’an 9:5 that Prophet Mohammad instructed his followers to kill his enemies and anyone who disagreed with him. This is what Jesus ordered –to regard those not with him as being against him (and thus are his enemies) and to kill his enemies who did not want him to rule over them–(Matt. 12:30; Luke 19:27).
Regarding Qur’an 9:5 Christians (if they are Christians because of belief and not for benefit and are dedicated in seeking truth which will set them “free” from falsehood as Christ expects them) as well as some Muslims need to learn the background to which verses of the Qur’an were revealed. Mohammad was not sent to kill anyone. The Idolaters were dedicated to killing Mohammad and Muslims. And every wise person would engage in self defense: Here is Qur’an 9:5 and Muhammad Ali’s commentary: “So when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters, wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush. But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free. Surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.”
“The clear exception of the last verse shows that by the idolaters here are meant, not all idolaters or polytheists wherever they may be found in the world, not even all idolaters of Arabia, but only those idolatrous tribes of Arabia assembled at the pilgrimage who had first made agreements with the Muslims and then violated them. The exception here has given rise to much misconception. It is thought that it offers to the disbelievers the alternative of the sword or the Qur’an. Nothing is farther from the truth. The injunction contained in the first part of the verse establishes the fact that the whole verse relates to certain idolatrous Arab tribes who had broken their engagements with the Muslims, and who had now been apprised of a similar repudiation by the Muslims. The order to kill them and to make them prisoners and to besiege them and ambush them amounts clearly to an order to fight against them, as it is in war only that all these things are made lawful. They had so often broken their word that they could no more be trusted. Yet, if they joined the brotherhood of Islam, and there was an absolute change in their condition, the punishment which they otherwise deserved could be remitted. It was a case of forgiving a guilty people who had repented. It should also be noted that a mere confession of the faith is not required; what is required is an absolute change, so that the old crimes are all abandoned. Therefore, along with the confession of the faith, it is required that they should keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate. The subject is further clarified in the next verse and the following section.” And the next verse (9:6) states: “And if anyone of the idolaters seek thy protection, protect him till he hears the word of Allah, then convey him to his place of safety. This is because they are a people who know not.” And M.A. notes: “This verse leaves no doubt that the Prophet was never ordered to kill anyone on account of his religion. “You shall give him a safe conduct that he may return home again securely in case he shall not think fit to embrace Muhammadanism” (Sale).”
In contrast, it is Jesus (as Christians say that Jesus is God) who requires the killing of “enemies” –those who worship unknown Gods and the apostate; and even to kill a “stubborn and rebelli-ous son” and the blasphemer– (Deut; 13:5-16; 17:2-5; 21:18-21; Lev. 24:11-16, 23. Not to mention those killed by Moses and Joshua just to occupy their lands; and his ordering that his enemies who didn’t want him to rule be brought to him and slain (Luke 19:27).
Regarding Qur’an 9:29, as stated, Christians (if they are Christians because of belief and not for benefit and are dedicated in seeking truth which will set them “free” from falsehood as Christ expects them) as well as some Muslims need to know the background to which verses of the Qur’an were revealed. Here is Qur’an 9:29: “Fight those who believe not in Allāh, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which Allāh and His Messenger have forbidden, Nor follow the Religion the Religion of Truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.” Muhammad Ali explains:
“this verse introduces the subject of fighting with the followers of the Book. Though the Jews had for a long time assisted the idolatrous Arabians in their struggle to uproot Islam, the great Christian power, the Roman Empire, had only just mobilized its forces for the subjection of the new religion, and the Tabuk expedition followed, which constitutes the subject-matter of a large portion of what follows in this chapter. As the object of this Christian power was simply the subjection of the Muslims, the words in which their final vanquishment by the Muslims is spoken of are different from those dealing with the final vanquishment of the idolatrous Arabians. The Qur’an neither required that the idolaters should be compelled to accept Islam, nor was it in any way its object to bring the Christians into subjection. On the other hand, the idolaters wanted to suppress Islam by the sword, and the Christians first moved themselves to bring Muslim Arabia under subjection. The fate of each was, therefore, according to what it intended for the Muslims. The word jizyah is derived from jaza, meaning he gave satisfaction, and means, according to LL, the tax that is taken from the free non-Muslim subjects of the Muslim Government whereby they ratify the compact that ensures them protection; or, according to AH, because it is a compensation for the protection which is guaranteed them, the non-Muslim subjects being free from military service.
The phrase ‘an yad-in has been explained variously. The word yad (lit., hand) stands for power or superiority, the use of the hand being the real source of the superiority of man over all other animals, and the apparent meaning of the phrase is in acknowledgement of your superiority in protecting their lives, etc. (AH). It may also be added that the permission to fight, as given to the Muslims, is subject to the condition that the enemy should first take up the sword, Fight in the way of Allāh against those who fight against you (2:190). The Holy Prophet never overstepped this limit, nor did his followers. He fought against the Arabs when they took up the sword to destroy the Muslims, and he led an expedition against the Christians when the Roman Empire first mobilized its forces with the object of subjugating the Muslims. And so scrupulous was he that, when he found that the enemy had not yet taken the initiative, he did not attack the Roman Empire, but returned without fighting. Later on, however, the Roman Empire, like the Persians, helped the enemies of Islam and fomented trouble against the newly established Muslim Kingdom, as a result of which both these empires came into conflict with the Muslims and, notwithstanding the fact that both the Persians and the Romans were very powerful nations with unlimited resources and strong military organizations, and that they both tried at one and the same time to subjugate Islam, the result was what is predicted here in clear words — they were both reduced to a state of subjection by an insignificant nation like the Arabs.”(Muhammad Ali’s translation of the Qur’an can be viewed online:www.muslim.org).
In contrast, Jesus advocated that only his religion be followed: “He that is not with me is against me;” “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and SLAY THEM BEFORE ME”–(Matt. 12:30; Luke 19:27).
3. The Christian also notes that Jesus washed his disciples’ feet –(John 13:4-5, 12-17); whereas the Prophet Mohammad once, after returning from battle, instructed his daughter, Fatima, to wash the blood off his sword, that the sword was obeying him (in battle); and that the Prophet washed the swords of ‘Ali, Fatima’s husband.
So what that Jesus washed his disciples’ feet?
Apart from Mohammad liberating WOMEN and giving her rights alongside man from the cradle all the way to Jannah/Paradise and his freeing the SLAVES and putting the scepter of regality in his hands and ennobling the Orphans; and apart from his emancipating man from his social, moral, spiritual, and mental cankers of drunkenness, profligacy, superstition, backwardness and stagnation, the irrationality of polytheism and the degra-dation and futility of idolatry and transforming him into lords of the world, Mohammad prayed for his dead enemy; and forgave those who committed all manner of atrocities against him for twenty-three grueling years. He even forgave the horrid Hind, who cut open the body of his uncle, Hamza, as he lay dying on the battlefield and ripped out his liver and chewed it.
So what that Mohammad had his sword washed? Don’t soldiers clean and check their guns before and after battles? All good workers wash their tools and implements after use. And even help their friends and families with theirs.
Since a stone can hear and will give evidence to God and since Balaam’s jackass can speak to Balaam as the Bible says on both counts, surely Mohammad’s sword, which was fighting against transgressors opposed to Divine truth, can hear and “obey” Mohammad. (Genesis 31:48-52; Joshua 24:27; Num. 22:28, 30).
Whereas the Christian ridicules Mohammad for using the sword:
-This is the same “sword” that Jesus sent to earth “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword”–(Matt. 10:34). And which sword has been swung against Muslims and others “From the dawn of Christianity until today,” as noted in item 2 above.
-This is same “sword” that Jesus told his followers to sell their coats and buy: “and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one”–(Luke 22:36);
-The same sword that Jesus’ disciple used to cut off the soldiers ear: “they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword? And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and CUT OFF his right ear”–(Luke 22:49-50).
-The same sword that God (and as Christians say that Jesus is God, then the same sword that Jesus) gave to his chosen people to kill all the men and little boys and matron women so they can possess their lands, have loot, and corral all the prepubescent “virgin” girls as SEX SLAVES:
“Then the Lord spake unto Moses, saying…And they warred against the Midianites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they slew ALL THE MALES….And they brought the CAPTIVES and the prey and the spoil to Moses, and Eleazar… And Moses said unto them…Now therefore kill every MALE among the LITTLE ONES (of the captives), and kill EVERY WOMAN who hath known man by lying with him, but ALL THE WOMEN CHILDREN, that have not known a man by lying with him (virgin girls) KEEP ALIVE FOR YOURSELVES….And the Lord spake unto to Moses, saying, Take the sum of the PREY (BOOTY) that was taken, both of MAN and of beast, thou and Eleazar…And divide the PREY into two parts; between them that took the war upon them, who went out to battle, and between all the congregation And LEVY A TRIBUTE UNTO THE LORD….And the BOOTY, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught was 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, and 61,000 asses, and of WOMENthat had not known man by lying with him (virgin girls), were 32,000. And the half, which was the portion of them that went out to war, was 337,500 sheep; 36,000 cattle, 30,500 asses, and 16,000 persons (virgin girls.And of the congregation’s half portion of these 16.000 virgin girls, 320 were given to the Levite priests, as “the Lord commanded Moses.” And the LORD’S TRIBUTE(of the (booty) was 675 sheep; 72 cattle; 61 donkeys; and 32 persons….the men of war had taken SPOIL (BOOTY), EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.” –(Numbers 31:1-53).
After all, the Christians’ God “Jesus” “is a man of war”: “The Lord is a MAN OF WAR: the Lord is his name”–(Ex. 15:3).
In contrast to Jesus who washed his disciples’ feet.Moham-mad did way lot more than wash people’s feet; as stated, he prayed for his dead enemy to be spared from Hell.
Which would you rather have? your feet washed, or a righteous man praying to save you from HELL –the “everlasting” “furnace of fire” that “never shall be quenched” and in which there shall be “wailing and gnashing of teeth” as Christ says– and have an everlasting life in HEAVEN/PARADISE dwelling in Gardens of all kinds of fruits, reclining on couches of velvet and brocade, drinking from vessels of gold and silver and in the company of magnificent companions?
Whereas Jesus was only a messenger of God sent to the Israelites to call them to “repentance” and “forgiveness”, Christians consigned Jesus to the bed of celibacy, crowned him with Divinity and made him scapegoat for non-existent inherited sin. (See JESUS-LIKE DAAVID).
Jesus says you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free (from lies, falsehood, and blasphemy). And the Divine truth is, Jesus was a prophet of God sent ONLY FOR JEWS and to foretell the coming of the COMFORTER(MOHAMMAD) who will guide into “all truth” and will “abide forever” and whom all are to follow; and
“THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLĀH;
MOHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLĀH!”
While Allāh, God, would not call us to account for that which we do not know, when knowledge comes to us what reason or excuse can we have for not accepting and follow it? “But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath NEVERforgiveness but is in danger of ETERNAL DAMNATION”–(Mark 3:29).
While we are alive we have the grand opportunity to repent and have eternal life in Paradise. When we die there is no second chance.
What is holding you back from BAPTIZING
with Allāh, the Best of Baptizers?
1. “Yåsir and Sumayyah, husband and wife, suffered death at the hands of the disbelievers because they would not recant, the latter being put to death most cruelly, her legs being tied to two camels which were made to run in opposite directions. Their son ‘Ammår, however, was not so resolute. The cruellest persecutions were inflicted on those slaves who had become converts to Islam. Muir says: “These were seized and imprisoned, or they were exposed upon the scorching gravel of the valley to the intense glare of the midday sun. The torment was enhanced by intolerable thirst, until the wretched sufferers hardly knew what they said.” Yet even under these trying circumstances, which would have maddened even the most resolute man, there were those among these slave-converts who were as firm as a mountain; as in the case of Bilål, of whom it is recorded that “in the depth of his anguish the persecutors could force from him but one expression, Ahad! Ahad! (One! One! God)” (Muir).” Muhammad Ali Qur’anic comm. 16:106.
2. See Qur’an 12:92 for this saying of the prophet Joseph. Quote taken from Muhammad Ali comm. Qur’an 12:92).
3. Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life of Muhammad, p. 267.
4. Ilan Pappe, “Israeli historian,” notes in his revealing book, The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine, that the methods “employed” “to forcibly evict” the native Palestinians were “large-scale intimidation; laying siege to and bombarding villages and population centres; setting fire to homes, properties and goods; expulsion; demolition; and finally, planting mines among the rubble to prevent any of the expelled inhabitants from returning;”and that at the end of their “mission” which took “six months” to complete: “more than half of Palestine’s native population, close to 800,000 people, had been uprooted, 531 villages had been destroyed, and eleven urban neighborhoods emptied of their inhabitants.” (pp. xii, xiii). And Ismail Zayid notes in his Palestine –A Stolen Heritage:“On 9th April 1948, the Irgun Zwei Leumi led by Menachem Beigin (who later became a Prime Minister of Occupied Palestine)….attacked the small Arab village of Deir Yassin near Jerusalem. An account of this barbaric massacre was given by Jacques de Reynier, the Chief Delegate of the International Red Cross, who was able to reach the village and witness the aftermath of the massacre: “Three hundred persons” he said, “were massacred….without any military reason or provocation of any kind; old men, women, children, newly-born were savagely murdered with grenades and knives by Jewish troops of the Irgun, entirely under the control of their chiefs. That Dov Joseph, one time Governor of the Israeli sector of Jerusalem and later Minister of Justice, called the Deir Yassin massacre “deliberate and unprovoked attack.” Arnold Toynbee described it as comparable to crimes committed against the Jews by Nazis. But “Menachem Beigin said “The massacre was not only justified, but there would not have been a state of Israel without the victory at Deir Yassin.” (Massacring defenseless old men, women, children and newly-born a “victory”?). Unashamed of their deed and unaffected by world condemnation, the Zionist forces, using loud-speakers, roamed the streets of the cities warning Arab inhabitants “The Jericho road is still open,” they told Jerusalem Arabs– “Fly from Jerusalem before you are killed, like those in Deir Yassin.”(Italics/emphasis added). That Palestinians were terrorized into fleeing their homes, Britannica: “The Irgun stormed and captured the village of Deir Yasin and massacred much of the population, terrorizing the Arab villagers, who began a mass exodus from Palestine.” (15th Edn; Vol. 17, p. 960. Italics/emphasis added). Regarding this massacre at Deir Yassin, as noted above, Ismail Zayid here quotes from the 1951 publication of Menachem Beigin’s book The Revolt, Story of the Irgun: “Menachem Beigin said “The massacre was not only justified, but there would not have been a state of Israel without the victory at Deir Yassin.” However, the “Revised Edition” titled The Revolt and published 1983 by W.H. Allen, London, does not have these words by Beigin: “The massacre was not only justified, but there would not have been a state of Israel without the victory at Deir Yassin.” Page 164 of this Revised Edition states in its footnote that this massacre at Deir Yassin was an “Arab…propaganda to smear the Irgun.…The “Dir Yassin Massacre” lie is still propagated by Jew-haters all over the world.” But the Deir Yassin massacre could not be “a lie” when: (1) Beigin, the leader of the Irgun, himself is said to have declared that there was a massacre: “The massacre was not only justified, but there would not have been a state of Israel without the victory at Deir Yassin.” (2) there was an eyewitness to the aftermath of this massacre: “An account of this barbaric massacre was given by Jacques de Reynier, the Chief Delegate of the International Red Cross, who was able to reach the village and witness the aftermath of the massacre.” (3) There is a historical account of this massacre: Britannica, probably the world’s most recognized source of reference and accurate recorder of history states that there was a massacre: “The Irgun stormed and captured the village of Deir Yassin and massacred much of the population.” (4) Dov Joseph, a prominent Israeli, called the Deir Yassin massacre “deliberate and unprovoked attack.” (Reflectively, when anyone denies the “holocaust” or speak against it they are hauled before the judge; labeled “Jew hater” and “anti-Semite.” But there was no outcry against these deniers of the Deir Yassin massacre: no one was hauled into court, or labeled “Arab hater” or “anti-Arab.” Perhaps when discussions about the Revisionist[s] of history are conducted, Beigin’s statement on this massacre at Deir Yassin should be on the agenda).
5. Vienna, “hundreds of Jews were burned alive in 1421for refusing to convert to Christianity,” Toronto Star, Sat; Sept; 8, 2007; p. AA2; Pontiff shows…by Tracy Wilkinson.
6. Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life Of Muhammad, p. 213. Regarding the popes sending Crusades against Muslims and others, MHH notes Christian apologists rejoining that the “ages of darkness.” Here is the full quote:
“From the dawn of Christianity until today every country of the world has been soaked with blood in the name of Jesus Christ. The Romans and the Byzantines of old as well as the European peoples of modern times are guilty of shedding blood in religious causes. The Crusades were launched and their fires fanned by Christians, not by Muslims. For hundreds of years, one army after another rolled out of Europe in the direction of the Muslim Orient to fight, to destroy, and to shed blood. In every case, the popes who claimed to be the vicars of Jesus Christ, blessed and encouraged these armies and hurried them to Jerusalem and other destinations….The (Christian) missionaries rejoin, “Those were the Middle Ages, ages of darkness, unfit as evidence against Chris-tianity.” If this is an argument on which they pin some hope, let us then turn to the twentieth century in which we now live and which they call “the century of the highest human civilization.” This century has indeed seen the same darkness as did the Middle Ages. Lord Allenby, representing the allied forces of England, Fran-ce, Italy, Rumania, and America, stopped in Jerusalem in 1918 after his conquest of that city toward the end of the first World War and said: “Today the Crusades have come to an end.”” (The Life Of Muhammad, p. 213.
The first Crusade against Muslims was launched in 1095 by Pope Urban II. If the Christian Middle-Ages were the “ages of darkness,” then the preceding ages were even “darker.” Why then crab at Mohammad (570-632) who preceded these Crusading “ages of darkness” by more than four centuries, and who was supposed to be a “barbarian” as Ibn Warraq charged? For a comment on Ibn Warraq’s fanciful book see WHY I AM NOT A MUSLIM).