In the name of Allāh,
the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Peace and Blessings of Allāh on Mohammad.
Allāh–the Glorious and the High,
Lord of the worlds
Mohammad–who brought the world
to our feet and eternity to our arms.
JESUS LOVES US – GOD IS LOVE
(This presentation is not to denigrate Jesus. It is a comment on Christian teaching. This is the Christian’s Jesus. For the Muslim’s Jesus read the Qur’an).
That Jesus loves us is a stretch, marathon-long.1 Jesus loved his people, Jews –Jesus’ “love thine enemies” refers to Jewish mutual enmity; ditto for giving the “other cheek” which was meant to reform his Jewish people to tolerance and forgiveness of each other.
As shown in the following, according to the Bible, the only “love” Jesus preached was “love” for his Jewish people; and the only God Jesus knew was/is the God Who commands the slaughter of non-Jews to plunder and occupy their lands and enslave their virgin-girls: a God Who is a “man of war”-(Exodus 15:3;
Jesus came to uphold the Mosaic Law, even to the passing of the heaven and the earth–(Matthew 5:17-18). Jesus’ saying to his people to “love thy neighbor as thyself”–(Mark 12:31), that this refers to one’s fellow Jewish neighbor is made clear in the Bible–(Leviticus 19:18); and which commands that non-Jews (the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, etc; and Philistines) are to be banished from Jewish lands, “thou shalt drive them out before thee. Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. THEY SHALL NOT DWELL IN THY LAND”–(Exodus 23: 31-33).
Contrary to Christian’s claim, Jesus (the Christian’s God and son of God) did not preach love, but naked hate2 and he left his people a legacy of strife, division, and hate:
-“I am come to send FIRE on the earth;”
-Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth, Nay; but rather DIVISION: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; and the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law;”
-“Think NOT that I am come to send peace on earth: I came NOT to send peace, but a SWORD”–(Luke 12:49, 51-53; Matt. 10:34. Grand “love”).
-“If any man come to me, and HATE NOT his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple”–(Luke 14:26. Grand “love”).
-“For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household”–(Matthew 10:35-37).
What kind of a God and son of God is this? And what manner of “love” is this? (Mohammad forbids us from disobeying parents and exhorts us to have good relations even with our pagan parents– Muslim Vol. 3, #’s 4257, 4260; Bokhari Vol. 3, #789).
(Christians have the fanciful claim that Jesus-liberates women).
Jesus also, rightly, preached fire and brimstone: “But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation;” that “whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire”–(Mark 3:29; Matt. 5:22); that evil-doers shall receive the “greater damnation” of “hell;” and hell is an “everlasting fire” that “never shall be quenched”–(Matt. 18:8; Mark 9:43); and that in this “furnace of fire” there shall be “wailing and gnashing of teeth”–(Matt. 23:14, 33; 13:42).
And to teach false doctrines such as inherited sin and vicarious atonement that God and Jesus did not teach and which doctrines attribute injustice to God and make Him complicit in murder, respectively, is evil/blasphemy.
To repeat. That Jesus loves us is a stretch, marathon-long. Jesus loved his people, Jews –Jesus’ “love thine enemies” refers to Jewish mutual enmity; ditto for giving the “other cheek.
It is not love, mercy, and forgiveness to slay enemies opposed to rule–(Luke 19:27), to view others as “dogs” and “swine”–(Matt. 7:6; 15:26); and to speak in parables so they would not understand and be forgiven–(Mark 4:11-12). Here we have the Christian’s God calling his creation “dogs” and “swine” and preaching in parables so they would not understand and be saved. Here we have the Christian’s son of God calling his Father’s creation “dogs” and “swine” and preaching in parables so they would not understand and be saved. (Grand “love”).
This Christians’ God and son of God, Jesus, demonstrably, is not only a tribal God but also a selfish and devious “God,” and son of God:
-Jesus told the Samaritan woman: “Ye worship ye know not what: we (Jews) know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews”–(John 4:22);
-and after relating the parable of the sower to the people Jesus said to them: “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear;” and, afterwards, when he (Jesus) was alone with the Israelites they asked him about the meaning of the parable: “And he said unto them, Unto you (who have God) it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them (non-Jews) that are without (God), all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them”–(Mark 4:9-12).
In other words though the non-Jews (who may be sincere seekers of God) have the faculties of sight and hearing and can see and hear, he (Jesus) spoke in parables so that they would not understand his words because he did not want them to accept God and have their sins forgiven.
What a ghastly, horribly, sickening thing to do. (As prophet, Jesus could not turn away anyone; this is why he indulged non-Jews; but he could avoid them, which he did, as is evident from his admonition to his disciples not to preach to non-Jews, and from his speaking in parables so that they would not understand).This statement by Jesus also proves that Jesus did NOT come to save sinners.
Contrast this Christians’ “God” and son of God, Jesus, to Mohammad who gave the Word of Allāh, God, clearly and to all inviting them to forgiveness, and agonizing over the rejecters, and even praying for the forgiveness of the rejecters of Allāh.
Also, this saying of Jesus crowns the list of refutation that Jesus is God and that he came to die for the world is a monumental myth and a lie: it is a myth in that there are no such Divine expressions; it is a lie in that it is known that the verses of Mark 16:9-20 and Matthew 28:19, speaking of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and to baptize all nations are “forgeries.” It also proves that Jesus’ speaking of “nations” refers to the Jewish nations: confirming that Jesus’ mission was wholly and solely only for Jews
–It is not love and forgiveness for Jesus to tell people to love your enemies and forgive seventy times seven but he ordered his enemies be slain it is hypocrisy)–(Matt. 5:44; 18:22; Luke 19:27);
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to bury the dead whereas he resurrected Lazarus, the widow’s son, and Jairus’ daughter (it is hypocrisy)–(Matt. 8:22; John 11:43-44; Luke 7:12-15; 8:41, 49-55).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to not judge others whereas he put the blood of the prophets murdered by the Jewish fathers onto the head of the Jews and consigned them to the greater damnation of hell, (it is hypocrisy)–(Matt. 7:1; 23:14, 33-38).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to bless them that curse you but he cursed a helpless fig tree;(it is not only hypocrisy but it is a sin to curse a thing that has no control over itself)–(Matt. 5:44; Mark 11:12-21).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to pray for them that despise you and persecute you, but he upbraided the peoples of Chorazin, Bethsaida, and Capernaum for not accepting his miracles and reforming, and instead of praying for the Jews, he ridiculed them as “generation of vipers;” “evil and adulterous generation;” as “fools” and “blind guides” (it is hypocrisy)–(Matt, 5:44; 11:20-24; 12:34, 39; 23:16-17, 24).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to honor parents but he disowns his mother, (it is not only hypocrisy but a major sin)–(Matt. 19:19; 12:46-50): “Then one said unto him (Jesus), Behold, thy mother and thy brethren….But he answered and said, Who is my mother? And who are my brethren?” (and he gestured to his disciples) “Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.” Mary could not have been guilty of neglecting God so that Jesus should dishonor her; Mary was chosen over all women because she was “highly favoured” by God, and “blessed”–(Luke 1:28). In fact, Christians honor Mary as “Mother of God.” And, to this day, as Christians claim, Mary makes appearances and even cure/give power to people so that they are canonized as saints).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to give the other cheek but he commanded his followers to sell their garments and buy swords, (it is hypocrisy)–(Matt. 5:39; Luke 22:36);
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to go another mile with your compeller but he boots his compellers –the bird-sellers and money-changers– out of the temple, (it is hypocrisy)–(Matt. 5:41; 21:12).
-It is not love for Jesus to tell people to not bear false witness but also says to quickly agree with your adversary lest you are thrown in jail –and which agreement with your adversary may include bearing false witness which could have an innocent person executed– (it is contradictory and even hypocrisy)–(Matt. 20:18; 5:25).
In contrast to Jesus, Mohammad gave practical shape to this “love”:
-Mohammad forgave his rabid enemies of twenty-three years; prayed for his dead enemy; and would have prayed “seventy-times seven” if it would have brought him forgiveness–(Qur’an 18:6; 9:84; 113-114; Bokhari Vol. 6; # 194, 197).
-Mohammad extricated Woman from the bog of degradation and sat her aloft on the throne of honor and left her nothing for which to strive;
-Mohammad liberated the Slave from the shackles of servitude and placed in his grasp the scepter of regality;
-Mohammad raised the Orphan from the dust of despair and sat him on the cushion of hope. Mohammad is the only Benefactor that women, slaves and Orphan have known. It is Mohammad, a Divine mercy to all, as he demonstrated, who loves us –and he gave God’s message clearly to all.
There is none in history to equal Mohammad’s love, mercy, tolerance, and forgiveness. There never will be.
That Allāh raised messengers in every nation and gave them guidance–(Qur’an 5:48; 10:47); this alone not only proves that Islam is the religion of love but establishes Islam to be superior to all other religions; as no other sacred Book can be shown to have such a universal doctrine.
And the expanse of Allāh’s love is indelibly engraved is His declaration that He has ordained mercy on Himself–(Qur’an 6:12; 7:156)) and in His invitation to forgive us our sins: “Say, O My servants who have sinned against their souls, despair not of the mercy of Allāh; surely Allāh forgives all sins. Verily, He is Most Forgiving, Ever Merciful”–Qur’an 39:53).
Allāh loves us. Allāh wants to guide us. Allāh wants us to be pure. Allāh wants us to have a life in PARADISE.
While as prophet of God, Jesus gave Divine teachings, those as recorded in the Gospels are, as noted above, restricted only to his people and for his term, and are not be taken blanketly for all times and international application.
If Jesus’ ‘give the other cheek’ and to ‘love’ enemies etc; were to be applied blanketly then:
-the Pope and Christians should tell the Dalai Lama that he should not seek to expel China from Tibet but rather to “love” China, give China the “other cheek,” to go ‘another mile’ with him; and ‘agree’ with him (the “adversary”);
-the Pope and Christians are to tell the U.S. and Britain, and France and Canada and Australia and the whole entourage that were/are in Iraq and Afghanistan chasing Al Qaeda and the Talibans (though the Talibans did not transgress against America or any of the others) to get off the tails of Al-Qaeda and the Talibans and to ‘love’ them and give them the ‘other cheek’ and go ‘another mile’ with them and ‘agree’ with them and let Al-Qaeda have a “blast” (pun intended) all over the U.S. and Britain and France, and Canada, and Australia.
While there are situations that would benefit from “love” of enemies and to forgive rather than exact, it is not “love” and mercy to forgive incorrigible offenders and transgressors, it is stupidity and insanity!
While love is usually the demonstrating of gentleness; love also has a stern face, as evidenced by concerned parents over a recalcitrant child. While one shows love to an enemy in the expectation that the enemy would be reformed to goodness, what if the enemy becomes physical against you? So you overlook it once. Twice? What if the transgression is more brutal; and what if he moves into your house and even forces you and your family out?
Even if Jesus loved “us” yet his would NOT make him Divine or vicarious atoner or that man inherited sin from Adam. The doctrines ofChristianity –Trinity, Divinity of Jesus, inherited sin, and vicarious atonement– have no Divine foundation, no prophetic foundation, no logical foundation, and are repugnant to reason; moreover, Christians lie on God, they lie on Jesus, they blame the Devil; Christianity is evil, intolerant, and backward; and the Gospels portray Jesus as a liar, hypocrite and fraud. (See Christianity-lies, evil, hate).
God is love: Christians have the weird notion –and they go about trumpeting (and unthinking people are likely to give ear to it)– that “God is love.”
God is not “love;” but God “loves.” Love is an emotion –an abstract. Love is an abstract like pain and joy and hate and anger, and even like fragrance and sound, and maybe even like electricity and magnetism. But God is a being, a form. Even their God and son of God, Jesus, teach this, he says: “Ye have neither heard his (God’s) voice at any time, nor seen his shape”–(John 5:37). Clearly, God is a being. God is not “love;” but God “loves.”
As shown above it is Mohammad who loves us. Whereas Christians claim that God is “love,” the Bible contradicts Christians, as Moses (a great prophet of God who received revelation from God) declared: “The Lord is a man of WAR: the Lord is his name”–(Ex. 15:3). And He was true to this claim as the Christian’s Scriptural history testifies (and as Christians claim that Jesus is God):
The Christian God gave orders to burn the daughter who commits “whoredom”–(Gen 38:24; Lev. 21:9);
● He killed “all the firstborn in the land of Egypt”–(Exod. 12:29);
● orders that the “firstling of an ass” –a helpless and blameless animal who had no say in the order in which he/she was born– that is not redeemed with a lamb to “break his neck”–(Exod. 34:20);
● also orders “All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem” (and if not, what? break their necks?) and “the firstborn of thy sons shalt thou give unto me” (in sacrifice?)–(Exod. 34:20; 22:29);
● sanctions slavery–(Lev.25:44);
● punishes children for their parents “whoredoms”–(Num. 14:33-34.Also Rev. 2:20-23);
● answered prayers to have Jews “utterly destroy” peoples’ “cities”–(Num. 21:2-3. See also Deut. 3:6; 7:2; 20:17; Joshua 6:21; 10:28-43; 12:1-24; and several other places in the Bible);
● He delights in decapitation: “And the Lord said unto Moses. Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun”–(Num. 25:4);
● requires young male prisoners and matron women to be killed and the young virgin girls become concubines: “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him (i.e. virgins), keep alive for yourselves”–(Num. 31:17-18);
● to kill disbelievers–(Deut. 13:12-16);
● to cut off the hand of the wife who, trying to help her husband in a fight, grabs the “secrets” (genitals) of the other man–(Deut. 25:11-12);
● God commanded the killing of women and children “thou shalt smite every male thereof: But the women, and the little ones…shalt thou take unto thyself;”“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves”–(Deut.20:12-17; Num. 31:17-18).
● “When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it…thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them, thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them”–(Deut. 7:1-2. See Josh. 12:1-6).
● “And stay ye not, but pursue after your enemies,and smite the hindmost of them; suffer them not to enter into their cities: for the Lord your God hath delivered them into your hand;” “and Joshua called for all the men of Israel…Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings…And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees.” “So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the Lord God of Israel commanded …And all these kings and their land did Joshua take at one time, because the Lord God of Israel fought for Israel;” “And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword”–(Joshua 10:19, 24, 26, 40-42; 6:21. Read Joshua chs. 10-12; Numbers 21:24, 35; 31:17-18; Deut. 20:16-17; 1 Sam. 15:2-3, for slaughters by Joshua, Moses, and Saul).
● God had children eaten by bears–(Deut. 32:15-25); and sent beasts and poisonous serpents against Jeshurun’s unGodly children–(2 Kings 2:22-24);
God smote people “with the emerods (hemorrhoids) …with madness, and blindness”–(Deut. 28:27-28. See also 1 Samuel 5:6, 9);
● God enjoins cannibalism: “and thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters”–(Deut. 28:53, 57. See 2 Kings 6:28-29: “So we boiled my son, and did eat him”);
● God ordered to slay even the “infant and suckling”–(1 Samuel 15:2-3); God taking men’s wives and giving them in adultery: “Thus saith the Lord, Behold…I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun”–(2 Samuel 12:11);
● to take prisoners and “cut them with saws, and with harrows of iron, and with axes”–(2 Samuel 12:31; 1 Chron. 20:3. David was a prophet of God and was thus acting within Divine parameters);
● God smiting adults and children, with an “incurable disease”: “And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of they bowels, until thy bowels fall out” even to the point of death–(2 Chron. 21:14-19);
● righteous “shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked”–(Psalms 58:10);
● God bashes the heads of enemies and has his people “dipped” their feet in the enemies blood and dogs to drink the blood (and eat the corpses?)–(Psalm 68:21-23);
● it is happiness to mutilate “little ones”: “Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones”–(Psalm 137:9);
● “Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished”–(Isaiah 13:16);
● even the fetus is not spared: “Everyone that is found shall be thrust through; and everyone that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword,” “and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children,” “Samaria…shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up”–Isaiah 13:15, 18; Hosea 13:16);
● God “trample(s)” people “and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments”–(Isaiah 63:3);
● (And as Christians claim that Jesus is God) God sends to earth a “sword” and “fire” and “division” instead of “peace”–(Matt. 10:34; Luke 12:49, 51);
● to slaughter enemies opposed to rule–(Luke 19:27; Jesus advocates murder); to condemn those who do not share your views as being “against you” (and a person can be neutral)–(Matt. 12:30. If these two statements of Jesus–Luke 19:27 and Matt. 12:30–were to be implemented some eighty percent of the world would be slain);
● loading dumb, innocent swine with devils causing them to drown, and the owners loss of property and finance–(Matt. 8:28-33. Wonder what the SPCA would say about this cruelty);
● to hate family circle: “If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple”–(Luke 14:26.Mohammad/Islam teaches us to honor parents and pray for God’s mercy on them and esteems womanhood as the symbol of purity and mother/motherhood as the gateway to Paradise.
If this is “God is love,” I doubt any person would want to know “God is hate” and “God is evil.”
Contrast the Christian’s Biblical God with the Muslim’s Qur’anic God who only allows fighting to end persecution and to fight only those who first take up arms against you and to not harm any women and children and animals; that it is better to forgive and reconcile–(Qur’an 42:40-43); and Allāh, God, implores us in loving compassionate terms to forgive us our sins: “Say, O My servants who have sinned against their souls, despair not of the mercy of Allāh; surely Allāh forgives all sins. Verily, He is Most Forgiving, Ever Merciful”–Qur’an 39:53).
Glory be to Allāh! Praise be to Allāh! Allāh is Great! Allāh loves us. Allāh wants to guide us. Allāh wants us to be pure. Allāh wants us to have a life in Paradise.
The Christian’s God and son of God (Jesus) even took a peek at the Jewish daughters “private parts” because of their flaunting: “Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their SECRET PARTS”–Isaiah 3:16-17).
Clearly, according to the Bible, the only “love” Jesus preached was “love” for his Jewish people; and the only God Jesus knew was/is the God Who commands the slaughter of non-Jews to plunder and occupy their lands and enslave their virgin-girls: a God Who is a “war”monger.
1. Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din in his Open Letters To The Bishops of Salisbury & London, commenting on Christian’s claim that Jesus “has given to the world the grand doctrine of universal brotherhood” remarked:
“The quotation reminds me of the oft-repeated phrases– “Christian spirit,” “Christian morals,” “Christian teachings,” etc.–which always come to the aid of the adherents of Christianity when they seek to claim such of these things for themselves as appeal to them for the time being, though they fail to find them in their Scriptures. Jesus was a Prophet, and can be believed to have possessed good and noble qualities and to have taught those things. But it is, after all, a belief, and should not be confused with facts. His teachings, as narrated in the Bible, cannot be taken as supplying a complete religion. Moreover, he himself admits that he did not give the whole truth–(St John xvi). On the other hand, if the Christian spirit is that which can be inferred from the spirit of Christ’s Church, it is not such as to do credit to that Church’s founder. The beautiful of yesterday is the ugly of to-day; which things being so, it is hard to define the Christian spirit. The phrase, as used from time to time, seems to be sufficiently plastic to accord with any and every condition. Whatever appears to be desirable for the time being is at once claimed under one or other of these convenient phrases. The spirit of Christ may be taken to comprehend everything: but his own Church, though filled with the Holy Ghost, as they believe, has ever remained too dense to appreciate it. Her spirit has, throughout the ages, been anything but meekness, mercy and long-suffering. For about seventeen centuries the Creed of Saint Athanasius has been sung and said on the Holy Feasts, under the authority of the Church. Does that Creed reflect the spirit of Christ, when it evinces a universal, damnatory spirit at its very outset, where it says: “without doubt he shall perish everlastingly”? To-day the laity come forward to denounce it and demand its elimination from the Book of Common Prayer. The new house of laity of the Church of England met recently at Church House, Westminster, to conclude its deliberations on the proposed measure for the revision of the Prayer Book. Among other things–
“Mr. C. Marston moved an amendment to leave out the words ‘which faith, except everyone do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly,’ from the Athanasian Creed. He said he did not propose to eliminate the Creed altogether, but he wanted to take out of it the most terrible sentence which he believed had ever appeared in all history–and this in a book which pretended to supply the gospel of salvation of sinners. The Athanasian Creed was composed in an age that was comparatively reckless of human life; and it was put into our Prayer Book in its present form at a time when recklessness of human life was still very much to the front.
“Sir George King said he thought most of the members in charge considered that it was no business of the House to alter the creeds. There was a great deal to be said by way of explanation on matters which apparently were misunderstood by some people.
“Sir Edward Clarke said the Athanasian Creed. had spoiled the happiness of services for him on the great festivals of the Church for years and years. ‘I have never said it,’ he added, ‘and would never dream of saying it. It has been a distress to me to hear choirs singing at the top of their voices these awful words, which I do not believe, and which I am sure ought not to be in our service.’
“Sir Robert Williams said he thought it was quite time the laity made their protest against the use of these damnatory clauses.
“Mr. Marston’s amendment was carried. The question, however, remains open, and will come up before the House for final approval.”
The damnatory clause is doomed now, seeing that the protest against it comes from influential quarters among the laity. Similar protests got rid of a certain notorious psalm in the days of the war. But is it the spirit of Christ, or the spirit of modern civilization, that cries out against such cruel expressions? If it is the former, it has remained dormant for centuries, and its revival is simply to pamper the spirit of all-sufficiency. Candidly speaking, there is very little in the teachings of Jesus to meet the ups and downs of life. To make it elastic to suit everything and anything is simply to fish out authority for our deeds, no matter what their merits may be. But for such free interpretations the world would have been saved from the countless cruelties committed by the Church in the name of Jesus.
In fact, nothing could in decency be claimed as Christian verity if it be not laid down in clear terms in the sayings of Jesus. If the offending phrase in the Athanasian Creed has been allowed to remain for centuries in the Book of Common Prayer, is not a man of independent views justified in classing the spirit of Christ as identical with that of indifference to human life? (pp. 78-86).
2. See CHRISTIANITY-LIES, EVIL, HATE.